Coilovers

Harriet_M

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking at lowering my Audi A3 1.6 special edition car. My wheel strut's are 50mm but will 55mm fit?

What are the best coilovers to be looking at getting?

Thanks

Welcome Harriet.

Give Damian@dpm a site sponsor a shout, as he is someone I recommend all suspension parts.

Welcome Harriet, as NHN has already said, Damian is the guy to talk to . Enjoy the forum. :) x

DPM Performance

My pleasure, never let me down & always gone out of your way to accommodate, so just recip :)

I highly recommend DPM, Damian sorted me out recently and was brilliant!

I can only echo the above. I got my coilovers from Damian at DPM and the service was excellent.

After a lot of researching coilovers, I went for the AP's as they got very good reviews for the money and I can't fault them.

Ive just fitted AP coilovers to my s3. very happy with them, probs the best budget coilies you can buy! also dont fit the adjuster cups on the back... give u that little bit more of a drop! ;)

Whats the ride comfort like on the AP's? I should of forked out a bit more on coilovers I think:yes:

good to say there wound all the way down, and compared to other cars ive been that are wound down

Whats the ride comfort like on the AP's? I should of forked out a bit more on coilovers I think:yes:

Very impressed with mine, although I have had them on for a good few months now.

Never lowered a car before this and I was a bit reluctant as I'd heard that coilovers are harsh but my AP's are if anything, more comfortable than the standard Sport springs.

Very impressed with mine, although I have had them on for a good few months now.

Never lowered a car before this and I was a bit reluctant as I'd heard that coilovers are harsh but my AP's are if anything, more comfortable than the standard Sport springs.
I'll have to get saving then and get a set, might even get adjustable damping ones! I've got JOM's on, abit too harsh ride for me, but still good coilovers for the price!