s3 quattro - haldex

that must be close too 3 secs or lower to 60 mate!! stage 3 600nm torque thats amazing throwing back in the seat with that. would the stage 1 be roughly 400nm torque? are the remapping expensive or similar to focus ST etc

Stg 1 should be about 400-420Nm.

Mine is around 600-650Nm now,but running that through a carbon/metallic clutch.

I generally don't do drag style starts,but on the move it is very quick...LOL.

Most of the recaps start at around £400 or so,and then charge small amounts for software upgrades over that,but you may find some good offers.

think after a while al get stage 1 map, take it u smoked a gd few m3 evos scoobies :)

think after a while al get stage 1 map, take it u smoked a gd few m3 evos scoobies :)

Pulls harder than most things,and still tootles around town like a standard car.

Great fun but still practical.

Reactions: SparkyMcA
any pics of your s3 on this mate?
Here's a couple....loads more on the build thread.
DSC09634Copy_zps559eea77.jpg

DSC09640Copy_zps7d848b52.jpg

very nice mate massive tyres to cope with the power! :)

Even using Toyo R1Rs traction and understeer were shown up at the trackday last summer and this seemed like the best way of cracking both.

Tyres are now 245x18s and with the adjustable camber at the front it feels much more neutral than before.

That's on cold roads where the 888s won't be at their best but still give surprising grip levels compared to the old setup.

jus wondering how good is the haldex system, if flooring it in the wet etc is it minimal wheel spin or constant traction? does the s3 have same set up as RS3 n launch control, cheers!

hopefully getting s3 soon :)

Never underestimate the state of your tyres when judging grip. With newish tyres the S3 grips very well, it is hard to break traction, even in the wet. But with worn tyres, like the ones I have just replaced, grip and front wheel adhesion, especially, was well down on normal experience.

Now I've had my new tyres fitted, it's nice having grip again!