Concert gala

Aidy06

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi I have the Concert radio in my A3 and it adjusts the volume whilst I'm driving, in my Golf this was a feature called Gala. I've looked in the manual and it says I should have a gala option if I hold the menu button but I still can't find a gala option, any help? Thanks

Anybody got any info on this problem? It's beginning to drive me insane...

Try this:

Press the TP button (traffic report announcement thingy), keep the button pressed and then turn on the system (by pressing the big round button in the centre on my Concert). This then comes up with a 'TA' volume settings (twiddle the volume to desired level), press the TP button again and the display will then show you 'GALA', this is the volume sensitvity for speed (ie the volume will increase the faster you go) - again twiddle the volume to reach desired level, on mine its 0-5, 5 I presume being most active in its increasing of volume. Press the TP button again and it shows 'VOL' and THIS I believe is the setting for the 'turn-on' volume setting, so no matter how loud you had it last time, it'll only come-on at this desired level, again 0-5 the options.

Post back the outcome.

Try this:

Press the TP button (traffic report announcement thingy), keep the button pressed and then turn on the system (by pressing the big round button in the centre on my Concert). This then comes up with a 'TA' volume settings (twiddle the volume to desired level), press the TP button again and the display will then show you 'GALA', this is the volume sensitvity for speed (ie the volume will increase the faster you go) - again twiddle the volume to reach desired level, on mine its 0-5, 5 I presume being most active in its increasing of volume. Press the TP button again and it shows 'VOL' and THIS I believe is the setting for the 'turn-on' volume setting, so no matter how loud you had it last time, it'll only come-on at this desired level, again 0-5 the options.

Post back the outcome.

Nothing happens when I do that, if I hold the menu button then I get another menu with TP volume and max in volume amongst some other things but no GALA settings

Done some digging and it seems stereos with Bose don't have the option to disable the GALA setting

I can disable GALA and I have Bose but I have the RNS-E unit, so maybe it's different.