New Clutch

Blake.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I don't post here too often more of a frequent browser. Irregardless I need your help if possible.

My clutch needs replacing and the garage I've been to said it's going to cost approximately £150 for the clutch and £150 labour (£300 all in). However they said they'd also recommend I replace the DMF at an extra £270 (Just for the part!)

I'm really not too sure if I can justify that as I have every intention of selling the car in the near future and haven't noticed any issues with the DMF at this point.

So my question is: Is it OK / safe to replace the clutch without replacing the DMF and is £300 all in for a new clutch a good price?

Thanks, Blake.

You've still got the A3?
In any case,£300 for the clutch is a good price,but it's generally accepted good practice to change the DMF at the same time,and would very likely be a question you'd be asked by any buyer who knows what they're doing......you could always assume that they wont,but I wouldn't bet on that.

It is good practice to replace both as if the DMF starts failing soon it will knacker the new clutch and you will have to pay for the labour and the new clutch again not to mention the DMF costs.

Indeed I still currently own the A3, ah Indeed I suppose it's the common question asked when someone pipes up about having the clutch replaced. I suppose I could always retort with it didn't need doing so it seemed senseless.

Thanks for the help!