Very random Audi concert head unit problems

beaty33

Reaction score
This is my first thread on AS so here we go. My brother is a motor trader and over the last couple of weeks he got hold of a 57plate a3 s-line 170TDi in silver with the full works (bose sound system, aux, leather, bbs alloys etc) So i came to an arrangement to swap my perfect condition 57plate Corsa VXR.

I picked the badboy up this morning and have found a very random fault... when im stationary and turn the steering wheel the radio switches itself on and off. its sometimes does it when accelerating and reversing too. see video Audi a3 Bose/concert head unit problem - YouTube Any ideas what this might be?

As far as i was aware the car didnt have bluetooth but then i noticed the tax disc had a cable coming from it into the dash so i searched on the bluetooth option on my iPhone and found "AUDI MMI 9655". it wont seem to let me connect although im not sure if im doing it correctly in all honesty. The "mode" and "wireless" button on the steering wheel come up with "no function" on the dash. all a tad confusing for a noob but hopefully someone can shed some light upon these.

cheers

Last edited:
All the functions you mention are controlled by canbus - so my guess is there's either a steering wheel connection issue or a problem with the module - not really a DIY thing unless you have the VW/Audi diagnostics. Dunno about the bluetooth - someone will be along for that no doubt.

All the functions you mention are controlled by canbus - so my guess is there's either a steering wheel connection issue or a problem with the module - not really a DIY thing unless you have the VW/Audi diagnostics. Dunno about the bluetooth - someone will be along for that no doubt.

Is this the same module that has to be changed to get the steering wheel controls to work when swapping to a flat bottom sterring wheel?

Cheers for the advice

Well it's not what I know its justvwhatvive read on here, that if you have a DSG you should have the correct module to take the MFSW