RNSE Bluetooth and AMI Upgrade

aky20

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just want to thank Ash187 for the install and coding everything up. Even though the install was not straight forward top bloke for trying everything possible then it turns out to be the phone good old apple.

If anyone is having issues trying to get an iPhone 5 to connect to the Bluetooth try changing the name of the phone deleting previous Bluetooth devices and restoring the phone back to the latest firmware and this should fix the issue.

I have SDS available, which is currently limited to the phone but was wondering if this can be extended to nav radio etc? I have the MK2 RNSE running SW220 and the latest Bluetooth module available.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again Ash!

Glad Ash sorted it in the end mate.

For your SDS question, then you will need to upgrade the unit to an SDS.
On the old MK1 there was an SDS hack, but not on the MK2. Although Hazzy Dayz claim they can do it for £150.

The issue with Gareths hack is people have reported they had to reflash the hack once the firmware was upgraded, which someone said they had to go back to him to do as well.

I have sds units that don't need reflashing with sds & have had firmware updates that have no affect on the sds side of things :)

Aky no worries mate... finally got there even though it started to do my head in... especially as i couldnt be asked lol, at least its sorted :thumbsup:

Nigel are these units the new glossy black bezel ones?