hello there!!!

Ryan1985

Reaction score
Hi ive just joined the site...

Have a few questions as i am a new audi owner... 1.4TFSI Sport 3 door 2011

some plans.....

I am wanting to change the bulbs and get away from the yellow..... can anyone recommend anything? after the full lot... not wanting to go for HIDS.

Is the rear bumper bottom diffuser on my car the same as a RS3 diffuser?

I am after some metal pedals and cant find any is this because of high demand as i cat find any.

cheers

Ryan

Hi Ryan, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Where you located? Have a read at the faqs threads at the top of the page, lots of useful info in there. For bulbs contact user t8ups on here, im surene of the guys be along shortly to advise you on your other questions. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Bulbs - Osram night breakers or Philips xtreme's seem to get good feedback. Glad you are not tempted by HID's, but if you go for HID's, they can blow your wiper motor, a £300 repair..!

Pedals - If you can't find any on the UK eBay, try on the German eBay. A few bargains to be had.

Bumper - I am not too sure, so i'm not going to say. Someone will be along soon to give you a definitive answer.

Speak to t8ups about bulbs he did all mine inside and out and they are very white :)

Hi Ryan, I'm from york so your only down the road. Welcome to the site

Hey Ryan, welcome!

Phillips Diamond Vision are white - they are 5000k so near HID whiteness

Welcome! Another 1.4TFSI owner :) Do you have any other mods in mind ?

Welcome! Another 1.4TFSI owner :) Do you have any other mods in mind ?

i have a few ideas

upgrade bulbs
wanting tints
rear spoiler
upgraded twin exhaust
metal pedals
18" rotor alloys... love them
remap is on the to do list... would like to see if anyone on ths site has done it with our engine.

just that for now... i have alot of spec inside the car already so wanting exterior done 1st.

i just want the car suttle and looking good... thats the aim and as its black... im sure it will be going stealth...

Pedals: Audi A3 S3 RS3 8P NEW pedals original genuine Audi pedals RHD, best price | eBay

Also if you wanted the RS3 diffuser then you would have to change over the whole rear bumper. as your car is a 3 door you will need to mod the diffuser to fit the 3 door bumper as it is made for the sportback.

cheers Ash...

not wanting to go down the rout of changing bumpers.. i did all that when i had a corsa d and more or less made it in to a vxr replica.... is there any other diffuser lips that are different.. eg s3 ???

i have a few ideas

upgrade bulbs
wanting tints
rear spoiler
upgraded twin exhaust
metal pedals
18" rotor alloys... love them
remap is on the to do list... would like to see if anyone on ths site has done it with our engine.

just that for now... i have alot of spec inside the car already so wanting exterior done 1st.

i just want the car suttle and looking good... thats the aim and as its black... im sure it will be going stealth...

Exactly what i would do if it was black, Mine is Ibis so am going for the obvious black on white two tone theme, Tints, bulbs, lowered, spaced, front lip, induction all on my to do list as well as a remap.

One or two older members who are no longer active i believe had them done but it would need to be a custom remap one guy had a revo remap done and came away with 132bhp using 98 fuel so literally paid 300 odd for nothing.

Most companies i have spoken to that do custom remaps will guarantee 160

When you say upgraded twin exhaust do you mean yours is currently a single ? or you want a new full exhaust system ?

Exactly what i would do if it was black, Mine is Ibis so am going for the obvious black on white two tone theme, Tints, bulbs, lowered, spaced, front lip, induction all on my to do list as well as a remap.

One or two older members who are no longer active i believe had them done but it would need to be a custom remap one guy had a revo remap done and came away with 132bhp using 98 fuel so literally paid 300 odd for nothing.

Most companies i have spoken to that do custom remaps will guarantee 160

When you say upgraded twin exhaust do you mean yours is currently a single ? or you want a new full exhaust system ?

No myn is a twin but not stainless... want a miltek exhaust full system which will come with lifetime warranty.

yeah i read about that guy, think he said he only got 5 bhp from revo. just want to go somewhere audi approved otherwise if the engine is damaged ill be very annoyed.... im not expecting massive gains... its just getting the most out of your car...

got alot of saving to do and ive got alot of payments so my progress will be slow but worth while. im so impatient though.haha

quick question... for my car what correct size bulbs do i need to change all front lights....

sidelights 501 ?
dipped beam H7?
Full beam H7?
Fogs H11?

cheers Ash...

not wanting to go down the rout of changing bumpers.. i did all that when i had a corsa d and more or less made it in to a vxr replica.... is there any other diffuser lips that are different.. eg s3 ???

The S3 and RS3 bumpers have the same upper section of the bumper and the lower sections clip on accordingly .All the 8P3 A3's have the same single piece bumper but you could upgrade your diffuser to a S-line one if you don't want to change the bumper,it looks like this :

A3 S line Genuine Rear Bumper | eBay

No myn is a twin but not stainless... want a miltek exhaust full system which will come with lifetime warranty.

yeah i read about that guy, think he said he only got 5 bhp from revo. just want to go somewhere audi approved otherwise if the engine is damaged ill be very annoyed.... im not expecting massive gains... its just getting the most out of your car...

got alot of saving to do and ive got alot of payments so my progress will be slow but worth while. im so impatient though.haha

Sound just like me, Progress is slow and painful but its the only option lol

When i last spoke to miltek they didnt have a full system for the 1.4TFSI ?

The S3 and RS3 bumpers have the same upper section of the bumper and the lower sections clip on accordingly .All the 8P3 A3's have the same single piece bumper but you could upgrade your diffuser to a S-line one if you don't want to change the bumper,it looks like this :

A3 S line Genuine Rear Bumper | eBay

yea that looks good for what I want... Just don't like the grey plastic look haha I'm on the hunt now for that

just want to go somewhere audi approved otherwise if the engine is damaged ill be very annoyed.... im not expecting massive gains... its just getting the most out of your car...

Don't think you will find any 'Audi Approved' remappers... I would have thought any map changes will invalidate any warrantee, and very easy for Audi to read the ECU and find the affected maps

Don't think you will find any 'Audi Approved' remappers... I would have thought any map changes will invalidate any warrantee, and very easy for Audi to read the ECU and find the affected maps

to be honest... after thinking about it...its not worth the money and hassell....

Welcome to ASN.

Check out the Yorkshire & Humber local meets section and get your name down on the members list, if not one of our next meets
biggrin.gif

Yorkshire & Humberside

Shaun.

to be honest... after thinking about it...its not worth the money and hassell....
Maybe not for a motor still under warrantee if you don't want the possible costs of replacements

A remap ends up costing more and more anyway - if you've spent money on getting more out of the engine once you get used to that and you'll want more, and more, and more! Plus increased load and wear on turbo, clutch, flywheel, tyres, blah blah blah...

BUT you try telling my right foot that it wasn't worth remapping, because it won't listen! And I'm pretty sure none of the other guys and gals running remaps will either!

Curiosity will one day get the better of you my friend!