Torn my leather seats

Graham89

Derv Perv
Reaction score
As title. The button on the back of the jeans must have been caught on something. It was razor sharp and it cut my hand when I felt the button.
It's put a rip in the leather seat base and an area scuffed up. Same interior on eBay is looking at £750. Can the leather seat covers be changed and if so are they an expensive part.
Mega p1ssed off but accidents happen!

For £750 I'd be tempted to get the ones you got re trimmed, can go whatever colour or pattern you like then

Contact N8 i,m sure he could sort you out...

Try and find a company local that does leather / trim repairs. Theres loads about. They can repair most stuff so its barely noticable, if at all.

Depends on how Audi list the parts as to whether you can buy a cover separately, or if its a new seat. A new seat would probably be £500-£1000 at a guess.

Try somewhere like Dent Magic / Magician etc, whatever you have locally. They normally do trim repairs, or can recommend someone.
Also try your local leather shops, that do retrims. They could retrim just the base to match the standard finish.

new original leather covers can be bought from audi and can be swapped .check ebay sometimes there are new ones about ,definately cheaper then a full new interior

I once did the same thing. Albeit not in an Audi at that time.

Local interior trimmer just replaced that particular panel.

Was £80 all in iirc and looked factory, you would never have known it had been done.

yh i would say just get that one seat repaired. i just had the centres on my A5 seats changed from leather to Alcantara to match the rears and that only cost me £150 for both front seats

A proper leather technician will be able too repair the seat no problem without replacing the leather, Its quite common I see this this problem all the time it's easily repairable,too bad your down south otherwise I could of done this for you but just search for a leather technician in your area.

I once did the same thing. Albeit not in an Audi at that time.

Local interior trimmer just replaced that particular panel.

Was £80 all in iirc and looked factory, you would never have known it had been done.

This.

As title. The button on the back of the jeans must have been caught on something. It was razor sharp and it cut my hand when I felt the button.
It's put a rip in the leather seat base and an area scuffed up. Same interior on eBay is looking at £750. Can the leather seat covers be changed and if so are they an expensive part.
Mega p1ssed off but accidents happen!

Did the same thing on the wife's SLK - EASY fix and not too expensive - find / get a good trimmer who will be able to match the grain and replace just the damaged panel - if it doesn't match exactly then he / she will be able to "connolise" the whole seat so it matches perfectly.

If I remember correctly it cost me about £120.00

Malcolm

i was gonna recomend TRIMSTAR in colchester but they just a bunch of muppets after the poor service i got from them.
stick to the recommended guys on the forum.
if the cost exceeds £750 like the other guy said, add a bit more and get the whone interior retrimmed.