Turbo and remap..

Jayy26

Reaction score
I should be receiving a turbo dynamics stage 2 turbo shortly and have spoke To a few companies and darkside developments are saying they have not seen an Audi a3 140 bkd engine with more then 200bhp ,so what's the point in these turbos? If I was to upgrade my clutch and maybe a downpipe would I be closer to the 240bhp before I have to change the injectors? Cause I'm sure somebody on here is running 230bhp and 420lbft with nothing stupid special just a remap clutch and downpipe..
And any good remapping companies that arnt gonna charge me £500 for a ****** remap :/

Its a custom map, so you will pay good money for it as you were advised before, once you go hybrid your costs for setup will increase a fair bit.

I run a stage 1 & stage 2 & they are running way past 200, so ignore that.

Advised before and all the prices are the same on there website.normal and hybrid..that's why I was getting confused because 200bhp didn't seem that much obviously I want a safe remap on first and then if clutch goes I will upgrade clutch will I be looking at much more power with that or do I then need downpipe? Cheers

What are you running with parts then?

You don't need to do egr delete, clutch or exhaust with a hybrid at all, its not a necessity, as it still works perfectly, even with stock IC as I run 2 of them.

I do have a BMC CDA on 1 & a carbon intake from carbonspeed on other, but these also aren't needed, just test beds purely, cars worked fine with stock intakes.

I didn't think you had to spend much to get bhp out off a car apart from just a remap but it's gonna end up costing 500 for turbo then another 500 for a ****** remap..and can't afford a s3 as anything cheap is on 100kmileage+ and dread to see what insurance is like..and brought a diesel to save money :/ don't knOw if to put a standard turbo back On and sell..

But even at stage one turbo can go like mine and then it was reconditioned 2 years ago and gone now lol no totally standard s line and Worksop area net Sheffield

rs performance in leeds did mine a few years ago now ,cost me £300 then spent all day there with car on rollers fine tuning it .
went back a few weeks later after more mods and they did it again for nothing (well i bought dinner for them ) to say thanks.

tbh i dont rate darkside . they seem to have just sprung up from nowhere.

my nephew has just purchased a hybrid for his B7 A4 170 , he asked darkside first for a quote , quite a bit more expensive than he thought ,so sourced the hybrid elsewhere @ £1200
rs has quoted him £500 to remap it . darkside less . but i know who i would choose .

TBH i think its a total waste of his money ,approx 35 bhp for around £1700 in total. not alot for the money, but its his cash not mine.

its probably due to the fact im getting older and tighter that i disagree with him .

Was that just for a standard turbo tho? They seem quite decent..yeh they quoted me 480 to get maybe 200bhp..and yeh that's what I think not a lot but getting a stage 2 turbo for 500quod off my mate only been used for 2000miles and needed a new turbo as mine as gone so not really losing out..I'm tight and I'm only 20! Earn about 700-800 a month so..it's all fun and games ha! I'll have to give them a ring it's only about an hour there

For a pd140 bkd its £625 for recon stage 2 turbo which is a very good price and there new turbos are built with even better lighter compressor wheels for better performance they seem very helpful when i phoned them up last week and said they rarely have faults in the turbos resulting in a replacement as they are all thoroughly testedI say go for it as i will also be going for the stage 2

We'res that from mate? The one I'm getting is rated at 240-260bhp I need one anyway its only like 120for this hybrid which still has warranty etc

Turbo dynamics stage 2 £625.00 reconditioned standard unit given hybrid treatment for £895 for brand new

This one ant recon tho mate..and I was gonna sell my standard turbo anyway for someone to rebuild cause its only te oil seal that went..you've confused me ha

So you have located a hybrid turbo which is used But was bought brand new ? Also is it a turbo dynamics hybrid ? If so then we are talking about the same turbo

YEh in November mate and yes it is :) what other mods you got supporting it or ideas for making the most put off it?