BlueTooth HELP please!!!

Chris Coates

Reaction score
Hi all i was wondering if anyone can help me out i have a 2010 A3 TDI, and i have retro fitted a RNSE latest edition.
i have had factory BT since i purchased the can, however i have never been able to get my phone book to show on my RNSE only on my Dis - when you press telephone on rnse it shows not installed,
is this because my car is not coded correctly or is this because my bt module is too old?
is there also away i can identify witch bt i have from my vin or where would the factory unit be installed so i can look for it?
need to work this out as its also gone very echo like sound from my new stero ive installed (2 amps and a processor)

anyone who can help please do as its SO SO annoying:(

Code rns in module 37 as xxxx7xx & bt module 77 as xx1xxxx

Then do an rns reset by holding radio & setup together until the screen goes black.

Thank you heaps ill get my mate to try it for me:)

would a new BT module help ? as i think the new stero has too much power for the Bt to handale?

Actually you should change your phone coding from 0001222 to 0011422 which tells it that it is an RNS-E with MFSW and comfort settings.

Thanks Nigel and S8 ill give it a go and let you know how i go,

how can i find out what bt module i have? can you tell me from my Vin?

What fone du have? Ive seen a few android phones have issues with transferring contacts over with some of the bluetooth kits ive installed.

I have An Iphone 5 but ive never been able to view my fone on RNSE , only on DIS

Ive got an iphone 5 too and had no problems so as mentioned above it probably needs coding correctly. Im also running aftermarket equipment with my rns-e with no issues so i assume it shouldn't have any affect of the functioning of the bluetooth.

Sidhu88: my Bluetooth was perfect and i got a custom stereo installed : dynaudio speakers and sub,2 amps and a digital processor. and now i have bad Bluetooth quality when i talk to people they can hear them self thru my speakers (bad feedback) never had this problem before the stereo install.
what setup you running?
also since i had the rnse installed after i bought the car ive never had the phone book come up on the rnse only on the DIS. and when i press the "TEL Button" always has said phone not installed.

You can find BT version with vcds when recoding the module.

In regards to the feedback, when you make a phone call do you do it through the phone or through the RNS-e? I've had customers with issues like this (I install alot of parrot bluetooth kits) and the reason for it is because if you initiate the call through the phone then it uses the phones microphone as well as the cars microphone together, except the phone microphone doesnt cancel out the noise. I'm not sure if the audi factory mic is a noise cancelling mic though.

I'm only running a bigger active sub in the boot. I've ran a high to low level RCA convertor from the connections for the factory sub and aside from tapping into the original connections for the remote everything else is untouched.

Its hard for me to advise u on what the problem might be because i don't know how exactly they've installed ur new audio system. I think u should get the coding done first and see how u get on with that first. Realistically u need to take the car back to where u had it installed and explain the situation.

Thanks all who helped with the getting my rnse to show my phone book all working good now,
but still getting horrible echo:(
we just cant work it out:( even my sound installer,

so you just retro fitted rnse, and connected the BT module to it, changed the coding via vcds and away u went it worked fine on the rnse??

i have the Factory BT then i retro fitted the rnse latest version, all was working great,
till i added: 2 amps, sub,new front speakers, and digital processor then my bt gets feedback now, but i know how to hopfully fix it with vag com by changing mic sensitivity,