can somebody tell me what this is?

Mikemc

Scooby Slayer
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
took lower dash out to fit wire for coming home lights and seen this, what is this? im quite alarmed TBH!

IMG 06351
IMG 06341

took lower dash out to fit wire for coming home lights and seen this, what is this? im quite alarmed TBH!

View attachment 12615
View attachment 12614

It's not clear what you are referring to Mike.

If it's the box connected using the white block connector then it isn't an OEM job so just disconnect if you're worried and see what doesn't work !

wel the white block connector wasnt actually plugged into anything, and the group of wires go behind the radio area, ill have a mess sometime over weekend then!

not that im aware of, ill try and trace the wires, theres also a set of fuses just before the white connector. and also a blue wire goes over to the diagnostic port?

Looks like it could be an aftermarket alarm loom

I guess the only way to find out is either trace them back or as mike foster says. At first my heart raced thinking it was a Hotwire bodge up by previous owner haha

It looks like the socket off a parrot hands free kit mate

TDI140 can you please tell me why you clicked 'Dislike' for post #2 ?

I don't appreciated dislikes at the best of times but especially for no apparent reason !

You may, of course have hit the wrong button !

If its a hands free kit, its no longer in the car, ill have to do a Bluetooth search or something

TDI140 can you please tell me why you clicked 'Dislike' for post #2 ?

I don't appreciated dislikes at the best of times but especially for no apparent reason !

You may, of course have hit the wrong button !

I'd put my money on TDI140 browsing the thread on a phone or tablet and scrolling through the thread hitting the dislike accidentally. It's in a prime position for accidental pressing when touch screen scrolling.....