Dolphin Grey A3 with rotor alloys... grey or black...?

Paul 1979

Reaction score
Hi there, this is my first post using this forum as I have recently just purchased a A3 TDI S-Line,

The car is a 3dr in Dolphin grey and for some unknown reason has Sport 17" alloys fitted to it instead of the usual S-Line 18" 5 spoke alloys, So I'm looking to buy a new set of wheels and really fancy a set of the Rotor style alloys, Im still undecided on going 18's or 19's but I've tried searching the site and the interweb for pics of a 3dr in grey running these wheels in both the Gunmetal grey colour (like they originally come in, black edition style) and also gloss black versions (as per the replicas that are on Ebay).

Anyone got any pics they could post or opinions appreciated...

Here is the car at present, Ive already fitted an all black S3 grille, later spec rear lights and de-baged the tailgate, it also has factory fitted privacy glass.

Cheers Paul

Attachments

• IMG_5379.jpg
    IMG_5379.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 2,088
Get them silver... I'm not sure the titanium will suit a grey car, and the black rotors look plain bad.

Actually, grey on grey looks pretty good
cWqB6.jpg

Welcome to the site Paul.

Unless you have really good dentist, I'd stick to 18's with these roads fella, 19's will just attract potholes etc.

Reactions: S.
I def don't want any silver wheels, I just don't like the look of them, now that RS5 looks lovely!
I forgot they done the grey car with grey wheels though, I like it!
Can you get replica 18's in the matte grey colour???

I thought that about the 19's, its just they look so much better! Ive also been told by a friend the difference between the two is virtually nothing, ride wise...?

Cheers Paul

Ive also been told by a friend the difference between the two is virtually nothing, ride wise...?

Been there got the t-shirt, there are other areas that make differences like suspension, tyre choice of course, but I have a better suspension & I wouldn't even touch 19's again with these roads, but each to there own.

My car is the same colour as yours and I have 18" rotors:

thebeastside.jpg

Hi there, this is my first post using this forum as I have recently just purchased a A3 TDI S-Line,

The car is a 3dr in Dolphin grey and for some unknown reason has Sport 17" alloys fitted to it instead of the usual S-Line 18" 5 spoke alloys, So I'm looking to buy a new set of wheels and really fancy a set of the Rotor style alloys, Im still undecided on going 18's or 19's but I've tried searching the site and the interweb for pics of a 3dr in grey running these wheels in both the Gunmetal grey colour (like they originally come in, black edition style) and also gloss black versions (as per the replicas that are on Ebay).

Anyone got any pics they could post or opinions appreciated...

Here is the car at present, Ive already fitted an all black S3 grille, later spec rear lights and de-baged the tailgate, it also has factory fitted privacy glass.

Cheers Paul

Amit: car looks nice buddy, def feeling the grey wheels now, and as people suggested will prob go 18" rather than the 19's, especially as I will be lowering it a little in the future also.

I prefer the matt finish to the rotor wheels though as on that RS5 and have noticed a company called WSP Italy who do them so will prob go for a set of those.

Cheers Paul