Audi A3 2004 coolant leak advice

imy2k

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all , I have a serious coolant leak on my audi A3 I think it's coming from the waterpump as I've looked underneath the car and its some pink residue around there and it more or less leaks from that area it's deffo not going into the engine . If I'm going to change my water pump might aswell get a new timing belt . Won't risk it my self but what is the general cost for labour and parts so I'm not going in blind as a bat . I have seen parts on eBay by INA a water pump and timing belt tensioner . Any advise would be great . Thanks all

Last edited:
IMHO when buying parts that are so detrimental to the running of the car, I would always seriously consider genuine & that is what I used.

Wouldn't go with El cheapo eBay parts.
Try and find oe or oe spec parts.

A lot of the time, euro or GSF will supply these.
Both my egr and throttle body are from euro, and both are identical to ones I took off, brand, stampings, Audi number etc.

Hi all , I have a serious coolant leak on my audi A3 I think it's coming from the waterpump as I've looked underneath the car and its some pink residue around there and it more or less leaks from that area it's deffo not going into the engine . If I'm going to change my water pump might aswell get a new timing belt . Won't risk it my self but what is the general cost for labour and parts so I'm not going in blind as a bat . I have seen parts on eBay by INA a water pump and timing belt tensioner . Any advise would be great . Thanks all

As far as I can remember a VAG indie charges between £300 and £350 - ish !!