rns-e help please

raz83

Reaction score
hi guys

im thinking of buying a rns-e but i just need a bit of info before i do, i have a a3 2.0 tdi sport on a 54 plate, my question is will newer version be compatable because i have hurd i would have to change the can bus or it will drain the battery..

which rns-e am i safe with buying so i dont have to **** about changing bits and pieces

thanks in advance for your input

ryan

Yes it will be compatible & of course you need a double din setup before doing anything else.

hi nhn

i have a symphone 11 in at the minute but the cd is playing up so i was going to get a rns-e and there is some on ebay saying 2010 model but my friend said i would have to change a can bus or it would drain the battery

so is that just rubbish?

Rubbish, only faulty units cause this & that's few & far between.

I supply/fit these systems.

Hey Ryan,

You'd be better off with RNSE mk1 for least hassle and cost and I assume you already have a double din unit in your A3?

Nigel (Username NHN) can provide you with one I'm sure and if you fancied the newer unit, yes that's quite possible but would need to update a few parts and aerial module for FM reception. Again Nigel can advise on this if your interested (he fitted mine). Top bloke. Just drop him a PM.

Lol and he's replied before I could get my reply done on the train.

thanks guys

i get paid friday nhn so i will pm you this weekend for a price for all the gear, i would rather get it off you than some tom **** or harry off ebay.

Sorry Raz, I meant Marcos, as I have some work to finish on his car as well :)

Send me a PM mate & we can discuss it further.