Married blonde - need your help please

mark88

Reaction score
Been trying to remove my mirror cases with no luck at all. I pulled off the mirror just fine but after that I'm lost.

Ofcourse it doesn't help the instructions are in german and the diagrams aren't much help. Any chance you go give us a walk through? I really don't want spoil my original casing taking them off.

many thanks

mirror.jpg

Yes mate no problem. Remove the mirror part, grasp painted part of mirror housing and lift upwards - they are clipped on at the rear (well the front facing part of the mirror if that makes sense!) If you lift from the bottom outer edge you will feel it give.

J.

OK, I managed to remove it. But I removed the dull grey plastic bottom part first, then the top part. Not easy

Getting the new casing is even harder. It's on now but it's not lined up properly. I also broke a couple of prongs too when doing it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

See the big clip on the far left of the picture. I couldn't get that to go back in

no, I've done it, eventually. But one of them still doesn't fit quite right,. I think I must have broken something off.

Not a nice job though, snapping all that plastic together. And I'm not so sure I even like the look and to top it all I've starting getting squeaks from the passenger door that are driving me mad! not a good day.

Damn you Mark!! I thought I had got wanting the 18in RS6's and Votex Kit out of my system for my Brilliant black A3. Yours looks the business and I actually like the Alu mirrors on it. I think it takes the car to the pinnacle of OEM bling without crossing over into chavtastic territory.

I've seen blacks with the Votex before but the angles of the pics were always unflattering, or there were different wheels, or the suspension was slammed down too much etc After looking at those aforementioned pics I'd always say to myself, "Votex on Brill Black....Meh"

Never again, those pics and your car are perfect. I know I sound melodramatic atm but that top pic has my mind made up for good. Votex, RS 6's and alu mirrors it is then!

Gonna use that top pic as my wallpaper for a while if you don't mind to remind myself everytime I feel like wasting money over the next few weeks that I need to save a few quid for the Votex

The only negative comment I'll make is that the Shiny Alu mirros are for the previous model of A3...

But your car looks very good, personally I'm still unsure about the brushed ones on mine... I bet I'm still debatinig whether I like them or not when I sell it next summer...

J.

[ QUOTE ]
The only negative comment I'll make is that the Shiny Alu mirros are for the previous model of A3...

But your car looks very good, personally I'm still unsure about the brushed ones on mine... I bet I'm still debatinig whether I like them or not when I sell it next summer...

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's because they are a distraction. They really stick out, maybe too much I think. From some angeles I like them more, from others I don't. I think it looks great looking at the front, but not so sure looking from the side.

Here's some more pics. I think I'm wishing I'd have got the brushed ones now, because it's more in keeping with the current audi ranges. I dunno, these ones seem a bit too 'bling' I think.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
<br>

I just took them off, I was too conscious of them when they were on so now they're off. Much happier.

Maybe it's because the car is black. I dunno, the RS4 has brushed mirror caps and I think that looks great.