Rear number plate bulbs

Nathan_jones2002

Reaction score
Hi all found my rear number plate light and lens on the drive today, the lens is cracked so need a new one of those along with a new bulb.

1. Are there any brighter, whiter bulbs that won't put lights on the dash.

2. If not, anybody know of somewhere I can get the OEM bulbs and lens.

Cheers.

Speak to t8ups on here mate, he'll sort you out some bright white LEDs :) like mine

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363154657220719

i have these on my 8P2 at the moment. no need to mess around with bulbs and they throw no errors! :)

A5 LED number plate bulbs fit and work fine no faults

I have a pair of the OEM A5 units available as they didn't work in my 2010 car (threw bulb error - but do light up nicely) ... pm if interested.

I've have bought some off eBay that come with the fitting and everything, the guy assures me that they are error free so we will see what happens.

I needed the whole lens and fitting as mine was bent you see...

thanks for the help.

Good luck with the eBay bulbs! I tried them before and they caused something to go tits up and had to be reset with a VCDS.

Have you got a link to the ones you purchased?

I bought these when I got my A3 about a year ago! They are quite bright but I liked them!

Plate3.jpg

They lasted for about 6 / 7 months before I started getting the error issue. I then turned the Cold Lamp Monitoring off in Vagcom but a couple of months down the line the right hand side failed...

I swapped them out for some OEM Audi A5 ones. They aren't as bright but are quite subtle and go nicely with my pressed plate! You have to bend the legs up but that only took a few seconds. You can get them off T8ups on here :)

Night

12001D52-BCF0-4615-8794-979167ADB670-20700-0000032CA1980D65_zps14a07be3-1.jpg

Day:

990B8CA2-F1E0-4DE5-8EEC-DA2AECEEE5E9-20700-0000032CA9F42662_zps6b2eacb2.jpg

Only problem with the eBay ones is sometimes they're that bright, they can be seen from space!

Reactions: vorney
I bought these when I got my A3 about a year ago! They are quite bright but I liked them!

They lasted for about 6 / 7 months before I started getting the error issue. I then turned the Cold Lamp Monitoring off in Vagcom but a couple of months down the line the right hand side failed...

I swapped them out for some OEM Audi A5 ones. They aren't as bright but are quite subtle and go nicely with my pressed plate! You have to bend the legs up but that only took a few seconds. You can get them off T8ups on here :)

I agree, the OEM ones suit the car's aesthetics better!

I didn't have to touch the legs on mine? maybe its a manufacturing difference in the lengths?

I have these and they are working fine - only six leds in each unit. I slapped Lamin-X on them to reduce brightness. Very happy.

Update on these, they did not work... :-/

at least before I had one number plate light working, I now have none...

They have also thrown up the bulb error on the dash.

off to message T8ups now.

He is THE man, there is a knack to fitting them though.. The legs in the holder had to be bent a little on mine to get them in right.. I've had T8ups in for 6 months now with no dramas at all, and I always use my sidelights so they are on a lot

He is THE man, there is a knack to fitting them though.. The legs in the holder had to be bent a little on mine to get them in right.. I've had T8ups in for 6 months now with no dramas at all, and I always use my sidelights so they are on a lot

i bent them and everything... Still no luck... Lol

Im ordering some from his also i think they are around £7

Did you get some from Trups in the end? I've got some and can show you what there like next week when I'm up your way for work.

Did you get some from Trups in the end? I've got some and can show you what there like next week when I'm up your way for work.

No mate, T8ups kindly Messaged me about the connectors on the bulbs I already had and they do work now...

So all sorted... :)