Unintended de-badging

pj51182

Reaction score
Got stuck in the snow this morning on a steep hill and thankfully two helpful men helped to dig me out, turn me round and give me a push. Was obviously very grateful but unfortunately one of them completely stacked it and face planted the road when giving me a push...made sure he was all right and we laughed it off.

Was only when I got to work that I noticed something was missing...the Audi badge on the boot had gone! When he stacked it he must have accidently taken the badge off on the way down! Went back and he had picked it up and taken it into his shop…top man!

Question is how to refit it? What glue to use or is it best to get a new one?

Buy a new one with backing tape already on it, putting tape on back of them, so it doesn't stick out the sides is a mission IMHO.

Pulling them off is quite impressive I must say!

I had a respray done to my boot and when the body shop replaced the badge, it was only a couple of mm off-centre. I spotted it straight away though, even before the tape measure came out! I tried to live with it as it was probably within factory tolerances but I lasted a day before going back and asking them to sort it out. I printed off some spacing diagrams from ElsaWin and then realised that they'd actually placed it miles too high as well. They decided to take it off for me, buff the area and buy me a new badge to fit myself... I spent a good hour or 2 positioning it with masking tape, measuring it out to the exact millimetre and rechecking everything about 16 times. Long story short - I must have the most accurately positioned set of rings in the UK! Do it properly when you stick them back on or if you're like me you'll notice and it will drive you mad :)

Luckily I can see where it was positioned by the marks left in the salt and grit that has built up today. Having said that I suppose I better wash it at some point and will obviously loose the glue marks - thanks for the info re the diagrams.

I glanced in the rear view mirror to see him drop and then jump back up. The car slipped backwards but thankfully managed to stop! Was quite funny really but sods law he managed to take the badge with him! :(

Got a new one (A8P0 853 742 2Z Z - AUDI SIGN) for £16.34 from local dealer.