Radio volume

I know what u mean I went from a Clio 3 years old to a audi the same age. Even the Clio had Bluetooth as standard where as my audi doesn't lol.
Wouldn't change it for the world tho, I love the A3 ;)

Reactions: Richard Peters
i got the same problem
i have istalled a pioneer app radio 2 with apple tv and wifi
in my 2007 s3
the problem is the volume will turn up as soon as i drive the car
the volume is on 1 on my head unit so if i turn it down the sound is off .... lol
can not win
there has to be a wire to cut to stop this stupid feature... any one know which it is
it is not a wire that fits in to the back of the stereo i have removed every one to test.
i has to be a wire that pluggs into the amp in the drivers side rear side boot pannel.
there are just so many wires that plug in here, i just dont know which to take out !
doing my head in !

This thread is about Bose - assume you don't have Bose - in any case the thread's about the standard OEM fit.
You might like to start a sep thread for your issue - to answer (briefly), if your car is non-Bose, the volume related speed signal is supplied via Canbus - a three wire network that also delivers the ignition on/off, illumination etc signals -maybe you have a canbus interface box somewhere, or maybe the Pioneer can interpret Canbus.

Only uses 2 wires, can hi/lo, for the audio system & other modules.

Finally fixed the volume issue on my RNS-E - turned AudioPilot off with VCDS!

Go into radio/satnav and goto adaption

I used the drop-down menum on mine but I think it's channel 8 - gala, change from 255 (bose autopilot) to 0 (gala), then the menu comes up on the rns-e audio controls and you can set the level of volume adjustment between 0 (none) to 5 (maximum)

Reactions: RobbieWebs
I didn't think it was that easy for some reason ...
Cheers for posting it up :)
Funny thing is mine has not had a problem for ages and has settled down.
Starting to think the heat in the summer played a part in it ...
Iv still got a brand new Bose mic i was going to change lol :)

My volume sometimes goes up and down when listening to radio thought it was my dodgey hearing, 2011 sline with concert radio NOT Bose and no rnse

My volume sometimes goes up and down when listening to radio thought it was my dodgey hearing, 2011 sline with concert radio NOT Bose and no rnse

Go into the concert menu and adjust the GALA settings - these are speed related and not background noise therefore more consistent. The RNSE AudioPilot issue is completely different - the volume will go up and down on its own regardless of speed (although only noticeable at low speeds and low volume levels tbh).

Seems to have resolved it on my car (MK2 RNSE with BOSE)

Reactions: Andy Crooks
Finally fixed the volume issue on my RNS-E - turned AudioPilot off with VCDS!

Go into radio/satnav and goto adaption

I used the drop-down menum on mine but I think it's channel 8 - gala, change from 255 (bose autopilot) to 0 (gala), then the menu comes up on the rns-e audio controls and you can set the level of volume adjustment between 0 (none) to 5 (maximum)

Hmm, thought I'd update my post as all was OK for 2 weeks but then it went back to how it was before!

Looks like the only fix is to do the wiring retrofit on the amp! Damn!