Lowering options - just springs or spring/shock combo on sport shocks?

A_Davison

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum however ive been reading many past threads and the information given in them is extremely helpful, saved myself a lot of headaches just by reading so thank you.
I've been reading around and a lot of people suggest the 'Eibach sportline 50/40mm' lowering springs, however the car is an 04 2.0 fsi sport so will the original shocks be okay to use with nearly 70k on them? My other option was the 'Vogtland 50mm/30mm Sport Lowering Springs & Shocks Suspension Kit', has anyone used these before? Just wondering if the back will sit too high with it only being lowered 30mm!
Thanks in advance, Alex.

Sorry for some reason I couldn't remove the bold writing.

I have an h&r sport cup kit. I like it and its the lowest you will get without going coilovers. Your standard shocks won't last long and won't ride very well with a 40-50mm lowering spring

Yeah I thought as much, the h and r set up is a little out if budget for me though as Im planning to get some alloys and sline spoiler etc..

Does anyone have any experience with the vogtland set up?
Thanks again!

We've been selling the Vogtland kits for years now and although they're not that well known in the UK they're massive over in Europe.

Excellent kits for the money and really good value.

Damian @ DPM Performance

We've been selling the Vogtland kits for years now and although they're not that well known in the UK they're massive over in Europe.

Excellent kits for the money and really good value.

Damian @ DPM Performance
Thanks Damian, I actually saw them on your site!! Do you know how they look on an A3 with the 50/30mm drop? is it level or will it look uneven? Thanks!

The eibach sportlines do look good, However I don't want to end up paying twice when the shocks go :/

The eibach sportlines do look good, However I don't want to end up paying twice when the shocks go :/

You could always buy the bilstein and eibach kit - Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks

FYI I have had my sportlines on standard shocks for about 10k nd they are fine

The blisteins at £600+ are over budget for me unfortunately :/ how old is your car if you don't mind me asking?

get some coilovers and be done with it , ive done well over 25k on my v-maxx's and they are still bang on