EGR CLeaner

miw615

Reaction score
Just wondering what member's views are regarding using EGR cleaners - I see Wynn's are promoting a diesel EGR cleaner - do they actually do what they say on the tin?

How is it applied?

I used Bardahl's EGR cleaner. You need two people for the application; one to hold the throttle steady at approx 2000rpm and the other to spray the cleaner directly into the EGR. Simply remove the hose coming from the EGR and spray directly into it.

It worked a treat too!! Throttle response was instantly sharper and it got rid of the famous PD stutter you get when cruising. My car had only done 45K at the time too!!

I used Bardahl's EGR cleaner. You need two people for the application; one to hold the throttle steady at approx 2000rpm and the other to spray the cleaner directly into the EGR. Simply remove the hose coming from the EGR and spray directly into it.

It worked a treat too!! Throttle response was instantly sharper and it got rid of the famous PD stutter you get when cruising. My car had only done 45K at the time too!!

Where can I get the bardahl kit from?

Best bet is to just remove & manually clean it, cant get better than that at all, no matter what cleaner you spray into the system.

This ^^ Its not a big job to do, and will be much better than a spray.

My mates garage has just been given the Terraclean franchise or whatever they call it.......first impressions of this system working are very impressive. Clears blocked DPF's and EGR's no problem but your still left with both clogging up again.

My mates garage has just been given the Terraclean franchise or whatever they call it.......first impressions of this system working are very impressive. Clears blocked DPF's and EGR's no problem but your still left with both clogging up again.

Gonna clean and install low flow plate so no error messages. Just a bit worried I'll break something.

Best bet is to just remove & manually clean it, cant get better than that at all, no matter what cleaner you spray into the system.

Were is the EGR located - any chance of a picture?

Cheers

Malcolm

At what sort of mileage do you think one should have to carry this out?

Remove it allard kit so.much better
Better pull etc or oven cleaner it

I have just removed the Whole lot
So much better to dříve