Chris NottAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Self levelling headlights

Does anyone know how easy it is to do a re-calibration on self levelling xenon headlights? How is it done?? My lights have gone to pot and can hardly see where I'm going! Anyone???

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Found this post: Self levelling headlights???? Please help

Looks like the motor / sensor is damaged, and recalibration is done with VCDS.

Neutral

Status
    Hi Mate, I had the car lowered and I've been told that will probably put the sensor's out, I don't think they'll be broke anyway, but thanks for the info! VCDS looks the way forward then!

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    You need to put the xenon levelling module into MOT mode and then make the right adjustment on the headlight.
    If this is just a result of lowering the car then you shouldn't need to worry about the sensors... Does the car still raise and lower the lights when you first turn the car on?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    You need to put the xenon levelling module into MOT mode and then make the right adjustment on the headlight.
    If this is just a result of lowering the car then you shouldn't need to worry about the sensors... Does the car still raise and lower the lights when you first turn the car on?
    Hi mate, No they don't even raise up like they used to, they just stay pointing down! How do I put the levelling module into MOT mode? Where is the module?

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Ok well if the lights are not moving at all the there might actually be something wrong with one of the levelling sensors on the left axle. You would put the module in mot mode within VCDS so I suggest that you get the car scanned ASAP for faults to see if anything is wrong with the levelling sensors
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

BahnStormer

Status

Re: Self levelling headlights

Danone, if you don't have VCDS, then ask around, somebody bound to offer: pm if you're near Surrey.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Neutral

Status
    Ok thanks guys, I'm taking it to a chap in Warrington on Tuesday, he has VCDS so hopefully it'll be sorted out for me!

Neutral

Status
    Dragging this thread back up! Sorted out the problem I was having with the beam level too low, but now I've got a warning light on the dash and Its still not self levelling as it should! Audi say its going to cost me about £80 for them to do! Should I just let them do it or is there someone with the write know how to solve for me?? Cheers