JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

temp needle not lighting up

Well over the last few weeks I have noticed the temp needle on my S3 8p is intermittent sometimes it will illuminate and other times it won't . Temp reading is fine sits at 90 as it should . Any ideas or has any had the same problem .

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Sounds like the bulb behind on the cluster needs replacing look for a thread on how to remove the whole cluster maybe someone will come along who has done it before
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

1st Gear

Status
    Is it possible to just replace the bulb? Will the new bulb not be brighter than the rest tho with it being new ?

5th Gear

Status
    That is a question i can not answer and also if i was replacing that one bulb if its possible i would replace them all to make sure i don't have to take dash apart again
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

Sportback owner

Status
    Jonny, this sounds more like an intermittent contact in the lamp's power supply. I assume that these 'bulbs' are in fact light emitting diodes (LED) rather than incandescent lamps. As such they should last forever and a bit. If I am right, there will not be a large difference in brightness if one has to change it. However, most LEDs are soldered directly onto a printed circuit board, which can make the repair more difficult. Apart from taking the cluster out and gaining access to the insides, I don't think there is much you can do. With the cluster apart, look for a poor connection, or corroded plug/socket pins. Look for a forum member who has already serviced a cluster, and ask him/her about the assembly of lights/plugs etc, for guidence. Good luck
    French A3 Sportback 2006, 2.0L 140 TDI, DSG, RSN-E, Ambient lighting, Auto-lights/wipers, Reverse assist, Dolphin Grey, 17" wheels, Leather seats, Cruise control, Roof bars.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the replys. I will have a search about thanks