Remove climate control unit on A3

sportbacksport

Reaction score
Hi need some advise

I've removed a old handsfree kit in my A3 but have left the bracket till last,it's where the climate control unit is so need to have it out!! Is it quicker to pop the radio out or remove some of the centre console to get to it? Cheers.

Pull the radio out and the climate control unit just hinges down from the top. It can then be pulled straight out giving you access to the screws holding the bracket.

5 minute job !!

Thanks for that,one more thing i've got a concert radio would you know the name of the tool to remove it? Cheers.

Cheers for that,i had a quick look on the web and found out it needed the PC5-132 version brought on ebay 99p happy days,thanks.

You can remove the climate without removing the radio, if you have a double-din. Remove the surround around the hazard light/card tray then pull down on the top of the climate unit and it'll pop out.

Don't just pull the climate unit out as the metal spring clips can pop of & get lost down into the console & it can take hours to find again & they're not available as a separate item from audi, remove radio, the card tray & push the clips down slightly from behind before pulling the climate forward, trust e it will save you getting extremely ****** with yourself & the car :)