Is there any way to stop ecomomy / efficiency tips?

OliS3

Reaction score
Since swapping from a 2010 to 2011 S3 I know get efficiency tips popping up all the time. Close your window, your seat heater is on and so on. I'm sure some people find them useful but they just annoy me. Please tell me there is a way to stop them.

I managed to stop the gear selection one which sometimes going up a steep hill wants me to put it in 6th at 30mph :wtf:

Its a 2L Turbo, I didn't buy it to worry about 1mpg, rant over :)

I didn't think you got economy tips on the S3. Seems a bit pointless!? I'm sure you'd have purchased a diesel if you wanted to be economical. It should be doing the opposite... "Shift down a gear and accelerate hard for more satisfying exhaust note" :laugh:

I didn't think you got economy tips on the S3. Seems a bit pointless!? I'm sure you'd have purchased a diesel if you wanted to be economical. It should be doing the opposite... "Shift down a gear and accelerate hard for more satisfying exhaust note" :laugh:

It is stupid, if I want my window open it is for a reason lol

I was hoping there was an easy way of turning it off but it isn't looking good

I recall someone asking the question before and I think the answer was no, it can't be done. Unless someone has found a way of turning it off in VCDS (I think that option was explored though) then I'm afraid you're stuck with it mate.

I recall someone asking the question before and I think the answer was no, it can't be done. Unless someone has found a way of turning it off in VCDS (I think that option was explored though) then I'm afraid you're stuck with it mate.

I did search and couldn't see anything. That is a shame its going to be so annoying in the summer when I never want the window closed

Do what every man does best when there wife/partner is giving out tips, just ignore away and keep on smiling lol