anyone been refused warrenty due to mods

g dawg

Reaction score
anyone been in for work under warrenty but had a bill due to any!! modifacations?

You need to expand tbh fella, advise us what warranty work was asked to be fixed, the mods on the car etc.

You need to expand tbh fella, advise us what warranty work was asked to be fixed, the mods on the car etc.
Good question....in any case,you have to expect that any warranty issues with modified areas of the car will be void.

Good question....in any case,you have to expect that any warranty issues with modified areas of the car will be void.

yep if its directly related then yes but if its something that can not be connected then you will retain warranty. Some garages are really assy about it though.

yep if its directly related then yes but if its something that can not be connected then you will retain warranty. Some garages are really assy about it though.
Yes,that's true,but it underlines seeing your modded car as a warranty "no-go" area.....I always took the view that aside from bodywork issues and suchlike,there was no point in trying it after getting it modified,although some garages seem willing to overlook certain things.

yep but being deadly honest I'd rather take my car to amd essex to sort things out than wating for audi to come back to me saying that there is nothing wrong with the car as they did so many times to me. So inconvenient and sometimes they are even rude. Only thing that would push me to go back to them is broken DSG gearbox but obviously all mods would be taken off and car put back to stock.

Reactions: S3Alex
You're spot on there.

I've had no problems ever with the local dealership but everything is done by AMDTuning and I know I can depend on them.

I think a good independent is the way to go.

Reactions: RedDejavu