A3/S3 Ambient LED Interior reading light retrofit + interior LED door knobs

s3facelift09

Reaction score
I wonder how come the new front interior LED reading light for my S3 part number:8E0 947 135 D is so expensive,in my country I can't find it under 95 pounds..Does anyone knows a cheap place online for me to buy it?

Does anyone know the part numbers of the OEM LED door knobs for a 3door S3? Or another cheaper way to install LED lights into my door knobs?

If you run an S3 mate, £95 isnt expensive, come on fella lol, fuel must be costing that per tank anyway :p

LOL, I know but it's a piece of plastic.. with two little red LED lights.. and every couple of weeks I spend a couple of hundred pounds on something, there is no end to it.. :D

I need to change the armrest, it's broken, I need to install footwell and puddle lights, I need to buy 2 Bose speaker grill for the doors and retrofit the LED door knobs+chrome switches for lifting windows and adjusting mirrors, and that's just the doors..

Well if its just for the red led ambient lights, then pull your trim down where they would sit & you will see it can be fitted to the existing & you can either replace the trim with a new one with precut holes or drill holes in your old one, the new option is better imho.

I saw that the red LED's are sold separately, and my mechanic proposed me to drill the holes, but it would not be perfect IMHO, so the only option is to buy a new one, and then today I found that there is a back Ambient LED reading light
Audi S-Line A3 S3 8P/ A4 S4 RS4 B6 B7 8E Innenleuchte EXTRA HELLE Ambiente LED | eBay So I need to buy that new as well, it must be around £60, knowing Audi prices, I'm just puzzled by the back light part, where are the normal lights in there, there are just reading lights+led's, but there are no ''normal'' bulbs that go on when you etc. open the door..

As I said, if its just the leds you want, then just replace the trim with new one with holes, as the main unit can already allow fitment of the led small unit itself.

OK, and do you know who could help me with the part numbers for the LED door knobs?

You mean the led's above the door handles interior wise this is?

They usually come with new handles, but you could cut out the areas & fit the led's I guess, but if you're anal & want perfection, its new handles then at about £40-£50 a side lol.

I'm very anal and want perfection, but in order to get this perfection I just need the part numbers, and of course I can't get them in Audi without a chassis number of an A3/S3 that has these LED door knobs, so I need help, I need the part's numbers..

My etka's offline atm sorry, working on it atm.