help with srvice light ?

jamhot

Reaction score
i have a 2009 audi s3... i have service due on my dash with a little spanner where the millage count is... ive serviced my own car with genuine audiparts.... when i do the reset sequence its only reset the oil change and not the service one can any one help as surley if you can reset one you should be able to do both ????/ thanks guys..

If vcds isn't readily available try a vgate 450 off amazon there around £40 and will reset oil and service indicators and read fault codes from all activated modules.

Check the vcds user map, though tbh it's out of date atm.
Should be able to find someone who can do it for you.

Can't see where you are on my phone, but I'm in Bristol if thats any use.

I got the vgate 450 and it didn't reset the service indicator only the oil. Now have vcds and its worth the money. There really is no point in skimping on ecu readers. I've gone from apps to vgate to vcds and I wish I hadn't taken the costly long way round lol.

I got the vgate 450 and it didn't reset the service indicator only the oil. Now have vcds and its worth the money. There really is no point in skimping on ecu readers. I've gone from apps to vgate to vcds and I wish I hadn't taken the costly long way round lol.

My v gate reset oil and service lights no problem.

I can't justify the cost of vcds just to reset fault codes and service indicators.

If I need to code something ill buy one eventually buy until then ill stick with my v gate.

My v gate reset oil and service lights no problem.

I can't justify the cost of vcds just to reset fault codes and service indicators.

If I need to code something ill buy one eventually buy until then ill stick with my v gate.

Well I thought I'd tried every option to remove the light and it would always come back after restarting the car. I needed vcds for fitting my rnse so it wasn't a biggie and the vgate will be on eBay soon :)