JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    5th Gear

Status

Flat bottom mfsw

Im bidding on a flat bottom steering which is multi fuction buttons on it, i lnow how to fit the actual steering wheel but will the airbag plug straight into my original airbag plug ? Also will that allow the multifunction steering buttons to work or is there more to this retrofit ?

Also just to tell you i dont need the buttons to work as im not really bothered but i want the flat bottom steering
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Depends what steering wheel you have at the moment. Theres loads of guides out there but an example is I've just fitted my MFSW to my A3 about an hour ago. The airbag fits straight in with the dual harness becuase I have DSG but you may need an extra harness for your airbag.
    The buttons won't work, they need coding in with VCDS

Fossie

Status
    What year is your car and are you bidding on the wheel AND airbag or just the wheel ?

The airbag on the fbmfsw is different from the normal airbag
    2006 2.0L BKD 140 Sportback RHD ( manual, with extra bits incl. mfsw ) Gone
    2012 2.0L TDI Q3 S Line Quattro

5th Gear

Status
    I have a standard steering wheel not dsg my car is a manual 6 speed 2006, what airbag harness will i need do you know the part number ? Or paste a link to a retro fit with pictures ive decided not to by one with buttons as i wouldnt use then as i think they are annoying, so a plain flat bottom steering 8J0419091 part number for plain flat bottom steering, what harness would i need to make a circular air bag fit straight in ?
    Thanks
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

5th Gear

Status
    image.jpgThis is what my steering looks exactly like

1st Gear

Status

Re: Flat bottom mfsw

Just ask seller maybe the harness comes with steering wheel.
    To MF You needs also steering modul 8P0 953 549 F and sleep ring (im not sure if that's the proper name) but the part number is 1K0 959 653 D
    Without those 2 parts buttons don't working

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Your car will already have the correct slip ring but it won't have the steering control module. You need to get that in order to get the mf buttons working.
    There are literally thousands of threads already covered this topic... A simple search will help you get all the info you need
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    I wont need the module if i decide to go for the flat bottom steering withough multi function buttons also i just want to know if the new air bag will plug straight into the old airbag connection ?
    I searched pretty much all day yesterday and this is the first time i have got information clearly so thank you guys

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

your right, if you dont connect the buttons up then you wont need the new module.
    the airbag loom may still be different as there may be different plugs and spade connectors that go on the back of the actual airbag
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    your right, if you dont connect the buttons up then you wont need the new module.
    the airbag loom may still be different as there may be different plugs and spade connectors that go on the back of the actual airbag
    i will not be connecting the buttons up its more hassle than i want but is there a part number for the different airbag loom ? If so i will order that from audi as well

Fossie

Status
    Airbag wiring harness part number : 8J0 971 589 A or whichever is the later revision. If you ask for that they will (should) give you the right one.

About £45 I think.

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    Airbag wiring harness part number : 8J0 971 589 A or whichever is the later revision. If you ask for that they will (should) give you the right one.

About £45 I think.
    8J0 971 589 AD is the most recent one they're using now Mike. £41.45 it set me back a few weeks ago.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks mike do you know how much a brand new steering wheel is from audi without airbag

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    8J0 971 589 AD is the most recent one they're using now Mike. £41.45 it set me back a few weeks ago.
    thanks pal ill go and order one of these from audi or TPS ive got trade accounts at both places by TPS is usually a bot cheaper

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    Cheers mate - isn't that for mfsw though ? I think TDI140 has decided to go for non-mffbsw !

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI140 View Post
    Thanks mike do you know how much a brand new steering wheel is from audi without airbag
    Go with my number as the one Leeds2592 gave you is definitely for multi function wheel.

Wheel alone from Audi is just under £450. Can't be absolutely accurate because prices have changed since my ETKA.

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    Cheers mate - isn't that for mfsw though ? I think TDI140 has decided to go for non-mffbsw !
    Oops, only read the original post and not the ones in between. My bad
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry if i wasn't clear, i don't want multifunction buttons on my steering wheel so it will be a plain steering but flat bottom im just going to buy it from audi and pay full price cant be bothered waiting for ebay :-L, so mike your part number is correct for the flat bottom non multi function

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

here is one
    Audi TT/ S3/ S4/ S6 Genuine Flat Bottom Leather Steering Wheel | eBay

send seller an email and ask him how much he wants? you never know you can get a decent deal by offering to end the sale early
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale