Valve Spring issues etc on 58 Plate Audi S3

controlz

Reaction score
Hoping you guys can help. I'm on the verge of purchasing a November 2008 Audi S3, when I did some digging on the forum and read about the Valve Spring issues and similiar (TSB).

It's got me quite concerned as I'll be purchasing the car without a warranty... Are there any mechanical / performance issues that could result in this if the car is affected?

Furthermore, I'm planning to remap the car within 6 months and have read this can be an issue on a remap... I'm hoping to find out a little more, or if I can be sure the car is affected or not. It has FSH from Audi.

Thanks!!

Hi mate tbh its pot luck ,as i had a dec 58 facelift model running stage 2+ revo with no issues ,ran my car on stage 2+ on stock clutch for about a year ,but s3rye had a 58 plate facelift with this issue...

Is hardly been discussed on here tbh, I cant guarantee it wont happen, but its on the lower side it would.

Is hardly been discussed on here tbh, I cant guarantee it wont happen, but its on the lower side it would.

Thanks Nigel, was hoping it would be quite rare. Is there anything within the engine-bay that I could look at when viewing the car that could perhaps be a hint the car may be affected?

Also, is the car only affected when remapped... so in stock form the car would be fine?

I dont know of anything tbh, a good spirited drive would maybe show something, but like you say from what I've read, its mapped cars that have shown obvious issues.

Look for obvious things like starting, clutch, slipping, check oil, coolant levels & quality etc.

Isn't there a Letter 'C' or 'D' on a Diverter Valve I'm meant to look for!? (based on what I've read)

Revised d value ;)
4b6aa8b6b24b6638275b945734da705f.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know which Valve is the affected one? D?

D value is what u need ,g value is the one you may have...

Hi mate its just that bit stronger to hold boost and the g value is more prone to splitting ...

The diverter value is just at the front there ,with the 3 bolts...

The diverter value is just at the front there ,with the 3 bolts...

Thanks so much. When was the Revised D released?

So, on a November 2008 car, it's almost certainly going to have a G? And if not a G then..?

It may have g or d as mine was a dec 58 plate with a g value...

Hi there ,theres 2 diverter values G and D ...D beening the best choice ...

Standing in front of my engine and still struggling to find the diverter valve! (at least anything where I can see the product number and determine if it's D or G!)

Okay, just managed to somehow bend my head around the engine to just see the edge of the diverter valve, and it's definitely G! I should definitely have this replaced then?