No improvements from a brake fluid change

BradV6

Reaction score
I had my brake fluid changed at my local Audi, and have had no improvements at all in terms of pedal response.
I've had this done on other cars before and had massive improvements but this time nothing at all.
My problem seems to be there is alot of travel in the brake pedal before the brakes come on and it seems to be a bit of all or nothing,
like there is no gentle braking.
Also when holding the brakes the pedal can go right back onto the stop.
It's like there's not enough pressure there.

I've complained to Audi but they are yet to get back to me.

Can anyone advise?

Its a 3.2 '54

Persist with audi, simples.

Just had mine changed and it was a massive improvement both with clutch and braking so something must be wrong buddy. My peddle doesn't go down that far now and the gear change seems smoother...

I would have thought as it's a big safety issue Audi would have checked brake performance after the brake fluid change.

Thanks chaps, I'm sure something is not right either, i can literally with medium effort push the brake right down as far as they will go with stationary in traffic.

I've checked the tank and its brimmed (and was before), and no warnings etc

Gear changes aren't brilliant either to be honest.

I'm thinking they haven't bled the system and just changed the fluid, when I contacted them i suggested it wasn't even done that's how unsatisfied I am with it!

I'm gonna get back onto them tomorrow as £59 for no difference is not for me.

Wonder if they bled the system correctly ? That's defo as you mentioned what it sounds like to me

I have to ask... why would you expect your gear changing to be affected by changing the brake fluid?

The clutch is powered by the hydraulic system that runs the brakes afaik

I think it hasn't been bled at all! The clutch does run off the same tank.
I called Audi again today asking for a call back, never got it :uhm:

Audi dealers aren't great find a good Indy and save a few quid in the process. Audi failed to pick up a few faults on mine that an Indy did straight away. Said it before they are expensive and all the free coffee doesn't make up for a big bill and incompetent workmanship.