HELP! iPhone cradle!

Geeforce

Reaction score
I've recently bought an iPhone cradle for my 57 plate A3, part number: 8TO.051.435.F and it doesn't fit! I've been watching loads on eBay and all of them say they will fit either arm test or dash board phone prep mounts but I'm certain that this does not fit!

This particular one has an ariel port on the back and connection points in the shape of a cross but this doesn't correspond to my phone prep in the car.

does anyone know what type of cradle I need and provide a part number please?

Thanks in advance, Andy.

Shows up to fit the A3 8P mate & for IPhone 4/4S.

Is your phone prep audi original?

Yes it is an original factory fitted system.

The car came with a genuine Nokia cradle which has a different connection type on the back in the shape of an 18 pin connection with no ariel port??

Whats part number of the nokia unit including any letter on end.

ETKA shows a system with & without BT which maybe the deciding factor here.

Do a search with handset when ignition 1st switched on.

My phone connects to the car automatically via bluetooth if that's what you mean?

ive just found a cradle on eBay with the correct pin arrangement for my phone prep, unsure wether it's for an iPhone 4/4s though. Just messages the seller.

This is the one: http://bit.ly/WACTbf

cant understand why they made 2 versions??

Think I'm in the same boat as you, I have BT and factory fitted phone prep on the dash, been looking for the cradles which all have the aerial style connection and I have the 18pin style connector in my phone prep.

Does the connector type matter?

Right folks I've been a real idiot!!

the cradle actually does fit! Just been back to the car to try it again and after a few minutes of frustration actually got it on. There is a bit of nack to getting it on and with the connection types being different I put 2 and 2 together and assumed it was the wrong fitment when infanct it does fit.

sorry for any inconvenience chaps, your help was much appreciated.

Not being a big head, but.................................. :jester:

The part number of 8t0 051 435 f is the arm rest version. It may need a different cradle if you are mounting on the dash.

That one that's on eBay looks very different to mine in the arm rest