What are the standard Audi Concert / Symphony Head Units Like?

controlz

Reaction score
Hey,

Been looking to buy an S3 with Nav, but noticed that cars without Nav are up to £2k cheaper, and to me a sat nav isn't worth that much! (Can always use my iPhone)

I was wondering what the standard head unit is like on a facelift 2008/9 S3. I presume the sound quality is the same? (with Bose)

Many Thanks.

Last edited:
Depends on your needs fella, they're ok, not a patch on the rns at all tbh, more bassy which can be to much tbh, no sd slots, no chance to use ami, the phone side only in dis not on head unit, no nav, basic usage, mp3's on cd's but thats about it.

You can always get an RSNE fitted easily enough, for less than 2 grand, if you get a car without it. Getting one fitted is one of the best mods I've done. So much easier using SD cards for music instead of having CDs all over the place.

Depends on your needs fella, they're ok, not a patch on the rns at all tbh, more bassy which can be to much tbh, no sd slots, no chance to use ami, the phone side only in dis not on head unit, no nav, basic usage, mp3's on cd's but thats about it.

Thanks, is there really a significant difference in sound quality!?

That all comes down to the trained ear tbh, everyone has differing opinions on each setup, I find the rns-e has better clarity, whereas I find the others to be too bassy, I'm not an audiophile as such, but do prefer the better unit.