Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2.0tdi BKD alloy catch can install with silicone hosing

5th Gear

Status

2.0tdi BKD alloy catch can install with silicone hosing

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Made the car feel much more smoother to drive, and already started to collect oil vapour and i only drove about 15miles
    the best thing is the nice red hoses in the black colourless bay
    bigal23 and Bramley like this.
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 225bhp 351ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    What diameter silicone hose did you use?

Glad you havnt vented to air

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    It was custom made by derby performance hoses, cost me£50 for the hosing i will have to check what sized hosing i used i cant quite remember but its custom made by DPH, slowly progressing towards a turbo dynamics stage 2 hybrid, next on my list is a backbox delete
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 225bhp 351ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch

5th Gear

Status
    What do you mean by vented to air ?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The gases coming out of the can goes back into the intake system & not to air, which is good as its illegal anyway & not good for the enviroment.

They should of fitted a level indicator aswell.
    martinivw likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Ah right thats good then, there is an oil level indicator on the can a clear tube may be hard to see but there is one

Rom
    2nd Gear

Status
    As said.
    A lot of people use tiny filters and just vent through that to air. They are sold as catch can filters.

Ive run catch cans on previous cars, and always vented to air through a filter. A sight / level gauge is very handy. Though once you work out roughly how quick yours fills, you will know when to empty it
    VCDS - Hex-Can-USB - Bristol Area
    Toyota Pro Tech - PM me if you need something done!

2004 A3 TDi Sport
    - Bose, Leather / Alcantaras, Cruise, Eibach Sportlines, S Line Facelift
    Full Paint Correction
    To Do - Lamin X, Tints, Wheels

Past Cars

Peugeot 205 Gti Mi16 - Main love affair - Build Thread
    Honda CRX SiR - Short lived - Build Thread
    BMW E46 330d Sport
    Peugeot 306 Hdi DTurbo
    VW Gold MK4 TDi
    Vauxhall Nova SR - First car!

5th Gear

Status
    image.jpg
    Heres the level indicator

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Thats looks awfully similar to the Allard version, I would maybe attach a sensor of some type to the can, to light an led in car to know when to empty.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Thats looks awfully similar to the Allard version, I would maybe attach a sensor of some type to the can, to light an led in car to know when to empty.
    sounds like a big job to do ill just keep an eye on it cant fill up that fast

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI140 View Post
    sounds like a big job to do ill just keep an eye on it cant fill up that fast
    You forget, this is Nige you're chatting to
    martinivw likes this.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    lol, hey it wouldnt be straight forward tbh, but hey no pain no gain.

5th Gear

Status
    You forget, this is Nige you're chatting to [/QUOTE]
    lol ive seen his threads the mods look hard to do for the faint hearted

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry cost £50 per a hose its expensive but worth it

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    £50 per effing hose, you were robbed tbh for that hose length, I know silicone hoses arent that cheap, as I bought 9 metres of 5mm ID hoses today for £30 approx, but thats very long length & yours are 1ft each if that for a what 20mm id, damn he was rubbing his hands together.

5th Gear

Status
    Tell me about it but it was worth it for the smile on my face lol catch can he only charge me cost price of £20

5th Gear

Status
    Fitted silicone coolant hose
    image.jpg

2nd Gear

Status
    Nice! This is one I would like to do...

Does the cover fit back on? Guess it'll need a trim where the pipes come out to the can
    54 8P2 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI BKD - Shark stage 1 - EGR delete - Dolphin Grey

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI140 View Post
    Fitted silicone coolant hose
    image.jpg
    What is the coolant hose for, oem was perfectly good enough?

5th Gear

Status
    Its just a cover over the top of the standard hoses also looks nicer in red imo

6th Gear

Status
    wjat size hoses are needed ?

thanks
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs / Oil catch can

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm

FLYWHEEL + HELIX CLUTCH KIT FOR SALE

1st Gear

Status
    Where can we get a catch can like that?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Allard used to do them.

flying oyster

Status
    i like my engine cover on to cover up my ugly engine !
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods

5th Gear

Status
    I will be putting the engine cover back on it needs trimming down abit so after that i will do it

6th Gear

Status
    engines arnt ugly lol mine is my lady lol
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs / Oil catch can

5th Gear

Status
    I think its a pretty nice bay could do with some more colour or design but thats up to the owner, get a CAI or do some wrapping in there or install a catch can theres always room for improvement

flying oyster

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tdi-man View Post
    engines arnt ugly lol mine is my lady lol
    sorry took the cover off looked at mine put it back on again still the same its fugly

but i had a girlfriend like that she wasnt much to look at but she was a good ride !!
    martinivw likes this.
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods

5th Gear

Status
    Haha whatever you say mate

1st Gear

Status
    What is the point of fitting a catch can?
    A3 2.0TDI S LINE, Awesome remapped, ITG, Milltek, S3 Front + Rear bumpers + Sideskirts, Cruise and slammed on coilovers. NO SMOKE - NO POKE!!!!!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Catches the oil thrown out the breather hose, that goes into the intake system, through turbo & into intake manifold leaving thick buildup inside manifold & generally making a mess of egr, imf etc.

6th Gear

Status
    so what size pipes are needed

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Just measure the internal diameters & buy some silicone hoses.

5th Gear

Status
    Best to measure the rocker hose and intake pipe mate i haven't had time due to working then just measure the coolant tank inlets and get some hoses made

5th Gear

Status
    Oil caught since install amazing all this would be in my intercooler hoses !!! Shocking
    image.jpg

Reverse Gear

Status
    That is a nice catch can, where did you get it from?

5th Gear

Status
    Local motorsport company cost me £45 i think so not over priced but looks great

:)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mmalh0151 View Post
    Where can we get a catch can like that?
    Breathers - oil systems

5th Gear

Status
    £100 for that kit is not bad but tbh i ovoided the garden hoses lol and had proper silicone ones made making my total about £130 for this install

5th Gear

Status
    If there's no catch can, would the oil end up going through the turbo and out the exhaust?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast