2.0tdi BKD alloy catch can install with silicone hosing

TDI140

Reaction score
Made the car feel much more smoother to drive, and already started to collect oil vapour and i only drove about 15miles
the best thing is the nice red hoses in the black colourless bay

Reactions: bigal23 and Bramley
What diameter silicone hose did you use?

Glad you havnt vented to air :)

It was custom made by derby performance hoses, cost me£50 for the hosing i will have to check what sized hosing i used i cant quite remember but its custom made by DPH, slowly progressing towards a turbo dynamics stage 2 hybrid, next on my list is a backbox delete

What do you mean by vented to air ?

The gases coming out of the can goes back into the intake system & not to air, which is good as its illegal anyway & not good for the enviroment.

They should of fitted a level indicator aswell.

Reactions: martinivw
Ah right thats good then, there is an oil level indicator on the can a clear tube may be hard to see but there is one

As said.
A lot of people use tiny filters and just vent through that to air. They are sold as catch can filters.

Ive run catch cans on previous cars, and always vented to air through a filter. A sight / level gauge is very handy. Though once you work out roughly how quick yours fills, you will know when to empty it ;)

Heres the level indicator

Thats looks awfully similar to the Allard version, I would maybe attach a sensor of some type to the can, to light an led in car to know when to empty.

Thats looks awfully similar to the Allard version, I would maybe attach a sensor of some type to the can, to light an led in car to know when to empty.
sounds like a big job to do ill just keep an eye on it cant fill up that fast

lol, hey it wouldnt be straight forward tbh, but hey no pain no gain.

You forget, this is Nige you're chatting to :laugh:[/QUOTE]
lol ive seen his threads the mods look hard to do for the faint hearted

Sorry cost £50 per a hose its expensive but worth it

£50 per effing hose, you were robbed tbh for that hose length, I know silicone hoses arent that cheap, as I bought 9 metres of 5mm ID hoses today for £30 approx, but thats very long length & yours are 1ft each if that for a what 20mm id, damn he was rubbing his hands together.

Tell me about it but it was worth it for the smile on my face lol catch can he only charge me cost price of £20

Fitted silicone coolant hose

Nice! This is one I would like to do...

Does the cover fit back on? Guess it'll need a trim where the pipes come out to the can

Its just a cover over the top of the standard hoses also looks nicer in red imo

wjat size hoses are needed ?

thanks

I will be putting the engine cover back on it needs trimming down abit so after that i will do it

engines arnt ugly lol mine is my lady lol

I think its a pretty nice bay could do with some more colour or design but thats up to the owner, get a CAI or do some wrapping in there or install a catch can theres always room for improvement

engines arnt ugly lol mine is my lady lol

sorry took the cover off looked at mine put it back on again still the same its fugly

but i had a girlfriend like that she wasnt much to look at but she was a good ride !!

Reactions: martinivw
Catches the oil thrown out the breather hose, that goes into the intake system, through turbo & into intake manifold leaving thick buildup inside manifold & generally making a mess of egr, imf etc.

Just measure the internal diameters & buy some silicone hoses.

Best to measure the rocker hose and intake pipe mate i haven't had time due to working then just measure the coolant tank inlets and get some hoses made

Oil caught since install amazing all this would be in my intercooler hoses !!! Shocking

That is a nice catch can, where did you get it from?

Local motorsport company cost me £45 i think so not over priced but looks great

£100 for that kit is not bad but tbh i ovoided the garden hoses lol and had proper silicone ones made making my total about £130 for this install

If there's no catch can, would the oil end up going through the turbo and out the exhaust?