EM TuningJMB Retrofits
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NHN

Thread: COOLANT PUDDLE

1st Gear

Status

COOLANT PUDDLE

From two holes in the rear centre of the engine undershield two puddles of liquid, plus slow loss of coolant.
    Will remove undershield this week-end to investigate which looks easy enough, a mixture of bolts and Torz screws. With a back problem this may well be a problem particularly if undershield is heavy. Gut feeling it will be more than a loose hose clip - the word water-pump comes to mind and thus a trip to my village garage ( not convinced need to waste money at Audi dealer, or should I? ).
    From this mechanical thicko to those of you brighter and more able to comprehend such things am I on the right track?

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    On what year, engine etc?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status

COOLANT PUDDLE

Ill put money on the radiator same as mine leaking.. Common problem look for white build up in the corners
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

1st Gear

Status
    2009 2.O L PETROL

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    Ill put money on the radiator same as mine leaking.. Common problem look for white build up in the corners
    Thanks. Bunged some BARS anti-leak stuff I used in the olden days of classic car ownership. Doubt if it will work but out for a 30 mile run on Sunday so see if still leaking. Will check rad. as you suggest which I'm sure I can do without faffing about taking that floorpan shield off. Would prefer the rad. to be the problem rather than anything more complicated and expensive.

5th Gear

Status

COOLANT PUDDLE

Quote Originally Posted by WAFTER View Post
    Thanks. Bunged some BARS anti-leak stuff I used in the olden days of classic car ownership. Doubt if it will work but out for a 30 mile run on Sunday so see if still leaking. Will check rad. as you suggest which I'm sure I can do without faffing about taking that floorpan shield off. Would prefer the rad. to be the problem rather than anything more complicated and expensive.
    It's really common to be honest and you're right I am waiting for mine to get worse and I will replace. 70 quid for the rad and three hours labour isn't too bad.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Be very careful using these radweld etc solutions as it could block areas it shouldnt & therefore cause serious problems.

Pressure test the coolant system over night & it should show the leak point then.
    OVRA3 likes this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK