Car Mats....Non Audi ones.......

• Thread starter imported_tobycruse
  • Start date
I

imported_tobycruse

Hey all,

Was just cleaning out my car today and i thought of getting some new car mats, only because the currents ones are looking a little shabby now. Does anyone know where to get car mats to exactly fit the A3? It would be good it they took advantage of the plastic hooks unlike most aftermarket floor mats. Also it would be good if they had an extra mat or plate under the right foot, dam mat gets warn away after a while!! Any help or advice would be cool....

Tobs

I would give www.eurocarparts.co.uk a call and ask if they do them, they did for my 3 series and they had the holes in the mats to allow you to screw them to the floor like the genuine ones

Whilst on the subject of mats, where do you buy the official ones? anywhere apart from a dealer?

There are some offered on eBay for various models but I've no idea if they are the official Audi parts. Do a search under 'audi'

You get very few mats on ebay that are genuine, I spent a few months looking for genuine mats in the right colour and they never appeared.

EBay do plenty of after market mats, some possibly good quality, but I prefer the OEM look.

To try and make my mats last a touch longer, I use rubber mats in the winter (when my shoes are generally covered in mud from work) and the normal mats in the summer.

You could try www.vagparts.com for some OEM mats Mark.

Kev.

I replaced my mats with the official Audi rubber mats. Very heavy duty and fit into the plastic eyes on the floor. They have a lip on them too so if any water gets on them it won't spill over the edges.

They were about £50 for the lot, front and rear from my dealer.

I've noticed on ebay some people doing OEM Audi mats, with photos of the bar codes on the labels on the other side to prove it.

Just gotta be on there at the right time.

I've used a custom car mat producer several times in the past.
They're usually cheaper than the OE mats and you can,if you're into that kind of thing,get all sorts of logos etc.
They've always fitted superbly.

I've never really understood those who fit rubber mats myself,unless you're a builder or a farmer.
They remind me of my dear old ma's 1973 Hillman Avenger.
We get some awful weather up here but textile mats do just fine.

I agree bowfer. I hate rubber mats. I would rather, if necessary, buy a new set of carpet mats every year.

[ QUOTE ]
I've never really understood those who fit rubber mats myself,unless you're a builder or a farmer.
They remind me of my dear old ma's 1973 Hillman Avenger.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!!

That made my day. It brought back all sorts of memories!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I normally have a set of rubber mats to slip over the top of the carpet mats when I go cycling, walking etc... I got lucky with my car though cos Audi threw a full set in and so did the lease company, so I have a choice of grey or black!!

What's wrong with rubber mats? I intend to put the carpet ones back in during the summer but for this time of year rubber makes more sense.

I drive a tractor now anway!

Exactly - as the TDI's sound and smell just like a Massey Ferguson - why not go the whole hog and buy a flat cap and wellys to go with the rubber mats!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Yes then we can laugh all the way to the pumps - except that we don't need to go anything like as many times !

I enjoy putting £100 of shell's finest ice-cap melter into my tank every week....honest..

But putting clean, diesel and sand free shoes on my nice black Audi OEM mats makes it all worth while.

no tricky disposable gloves to get rid of either...

Just bought myself a spare pair of front genuine Audi A3 8P carpet mats in dark grey off ebay, £6.99 +£5 postage, BARGAIN. Brand new and all the part nos and codes match those on the back of mine - checked that out before bidding!

The seller has another pair up at the mo for the same price, auction ends Saturday night if you fancy them. Search under 'Audi A3 carpet mats genuine' on ebay. Apparently about £40 at the dealer.

Nice one! I love a bargain, not that I'm tight you understand!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Just to confirm the pair of front brand new genuine Audi A3 8P carpet mats in dark grey I bought off ebay recently arrived - £6.99 +£5 postage, £40 at the dealers!!!!!

They arrived still fixed together, in the Audi bag, all part no labels attached, perfect!

The current ones won't last for ever and at that price it is well worth investing in a spare pair for when they wear out\get shabby.

Cheap as chips!!!!!!!!!