S3 Milltek non res

richarddavies3

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone have the above and does it add much sound with the standard downpipe?

It's deeper on tick over and raspy when giving it some.

If you search on youtube there's loads of video's.

I have it fitted with the standard cat and dont think its that loud at all. I cant wait to get my downpipe fitted and hear it

It's deeper on tick over and raspy when giving it some.

If you search on youtube there's loads of video's.

Thanks, I have listened to few but they never sound the same on there. Would like to get the downpipe at a later stage but hoping for a bit more noise as its quite conservative in standard form

I have it fitted with the standard cat and dont think its that loud at all. I cant wait to get my downpipe fitted and hear it

Would love to hear that in the flesh with the Downpipe

Would love to hear that in the flesh with the Downpipe

Yes you would! I love it. I can drive around with it sounding like its just the cat back, but then when I let her rip. Waw is all I can say. I love the noise!! Costing me a lot more in fuel because I can't help but want to floor it.

What area are you from?

Videos on Youtube etc do not sound anything like what they actually sound like.

What area are you from?

Videos on Youtube etc do not sound anything like what they actually sound like.

Chippenham area mate, you are right about you tube, would love to hear in the flesh, but will prob but the cat back anyway

Yeah I've tried making a video on YouTube and they sound nothing like it in the flesh!

I too was a bit concerned about the potential noise prior to having my non-resonated cat back installed and how it might annoy the neighbours but it's actually not that much louder than stock.

Sounds pretty awesome too.. I can't wait to put the down pipe on!

Yeah I've tried making a video on YouTube and they sound nothing like it in the flesh!

I too was a bit concerned about the potential noise prior to having my non-resonated cat back installed and how it might annoy the neighbours but it's actually not that much louder than stock.

Sounds pretty awesome too.. I can't wait to put the down pipe on!

It's not that it might be too loud but not loud enough is my concern. Do you think it sounds 450 quid better?

Come to the meet in Weston at the end of march and you get hear my cat back. I've also got the Revo air intake.

Mine is going in to GNJ on as soon as their unit opens for a full none resonated milltek with sports cats. I will let you know... Hopefully Saturday... :)

Mine is going in to GNJ on as soon as their unit opens for a full none resonated milltek with sports cats. I will let you know... Hopefully Saturday... :)

Where is GNJ fella? Is the downpipe a big job or can it be done yourself? I have changed the mani on the jcw s a few times and that was a chore so can't see it being any harder than that!

I'm in wakefield if you want to hear a full system Milltek? Not sure where Chippenham is, but if I'm not too far your always welcome. My car is going in for its clutch changed next week though... So I won't be giving it any for a few weeks once its fitted.

Where is GNJ fella? Is the downpipe a big job or can it be done yourself? I have changed the mani on the jcw s a few times and that was a chore so can't see it being any harder than that!

Getting the OEM downpipe off is a royal ball ache. It's not just a pipe, it's got that hideous growth on it that makes it exceptionally difficult to get out. We had mine up on a lift, reaching the bolts was ok(ish) to undo the manifold, but then had to drop the drive shaft out in order to get the downpipe out - otherwise the gap is too small.

Still, cheaper than getting a garage to do it, but costs lots in terms of sweat and ****** knuckles!

if you want it to be loud enough you need to get downpipe too, probably decat :D

Last edited:
Just had a resonated TBE with sports cat fitted and very pleased with the gains and sound.

Anything louder might have be a bit intrusive for my liking.

You can always go for the resonated version and at a later date sell the centre section and replace with the non-res pipe for about £100. (S3 SB)
Pretty sure you need the downpipe and CAT to see the real gains as they are very different in design and shape to the OEM bits.

I have the 3" Downpipe and 100cell Sports cat on mine with the non res and it's very pleasant. Can be a bit boomy/droan at 70+ but still bearable.

My 5 year old Labrador that goes in my boot sometimes hates it though!