fk ak coil overs ??cheap and chearful or cheap and nasty?

neilmac

Reaction score
hi i have had my a3 for almost a year now and im starting to get bored so i think it is about time i started doing something , it is a 2007 a3 2.0t sline 2wd. I have been scanning the internet at coilovers and a range of different springs but most of the coilovers are out of my budget just now. was just wondering if anyone had had any experience with these coilovers before because my thoughts are can they really be that bad as im mainly just looking for drop not handling. any thoughts appreciated

Audi A3 MK2 8P (03-12) FK AK Street Coilover Suspension Kit - 2.0TDI 2.0TFSI 2WD | eBay

eibach sportline or H&R -50mm springs, had the equivilant of these coilovers on my old a3, they go low but the comfort really really suffers

see i have read that but im not all that fussed about the comfort , im only 19 and i dont have a long commute or anything and i am kind of used to it as my last 2 cars have been quite low, do u think these kind of coil overs perform ok other than that. im just not sure if they will knock etc and break in 6 months

Im 20 and had mine on my a3 at 19, the harshness still gets on your nervs though. for the money they cost id say they were ok, they definitely bounce a fair bit though. save up for some low end all adjustable ones so you can set the stiffness would be my advice.

ye i think i may give them a miss for just now, think i will just order the springs just now have been looking tonight at either the 60mm h&r or the 50/40 eibach s both similar price. did u fit your springs yourself ? i have done them myself on my last 2 cars but never really been under my audi much so not sure if i will run into problems

tbh mate, sounds like you got a nice car, coilovers would only wreck it, its not a saxo so don't be cheap and treat it like one. springs would be easy to fit, theres a guide on here somewhere

I had fk highsports on my mk5 gti and now have h&r 25's on my S3. Get the H&r's is my recommendation. :)

Ye I'm not looking for particular improvements in handling , I obviously wouldn't like it to get worse . But it looks like this will be on hold for a while after a possible timing belt snap / tensioner coming off