EM TuningChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

BKD INTERCOOLER, S3 or THS???

Got a hybrid turbo on my car, bmc induction, proper clutch, car made 200bhp and 420 torque, got a ths intercooler ordered for a bit more power across the range

the 1 i got ordered is 2.0 TSFI Intercooler | 2.0 TDI Intercooler | THS Performance, but i just seen this Genuine Audi S3 Intercooler for All Mk5 Platform Vehicles - Darkside Developments :s with the hard pipe kit for £310, still makes it under the £600 for the s3 so i dont know which to get, THS state theres is better than the s3, but they would wouldnt they, and some say s3 cooler is better :s

i have been told that the 1.8 bar im running will be a bit much for the s3 cooler, so im still confused

any advice welcome!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    The standard cooler is good for 400bhp

1st Gear

Status
    On the rolling road, the intake temps were getting too high thus limiting power

5th Gear

Status
    Try a cold air intake and egr delete also decat stainless exhaust system (miltek) if you havnt already, if you do the three things i listed it should improve your car and also bhp and torque,
    also what turbo did you buy and also what conpany did you use
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 225bhp 351ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch

1st Gear

Status
    I got a bmc cda induction and a full turbo back custom exhaust. I got the turbo from ebay, its a gtb1752, if i remember correctly :s. my car made 200bhp until the clutch slipped, after i tercooler and a few mods im hoping to achieve 220bhp and 450 torque

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I've got a Hybrid on mine, from Turbo Technics, GT1749 iirc. I've got a full custom 3" TBE on my car, I'm going to do the EGR delete, DSG software tweak, also going for a S3 intercooler on mine, I am hopefully getting this done within the next month, I will do a writeup when I'm done, I'm aiming for around 220bhp & 340-360ft-lb.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

6+1 Gears

Status
    The S3 intercooler is more than enough for BKD.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I agree, hence why that is my route of choice.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Boycie

Status
    I have the Revo/Eurojet FMIC because race car

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    400 torque sounds a bit high & also running only 200bhp, a hybrid stage 1 is good for upto 240, stage 2 upto 260, I cant see why you need an upgrade tbh, stock IC is good enough, you sure the map is good.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    I think the map is good lol the car was rolling roaded when standard gavev145bhp, ive had a new head, piston rings, seals, all pressure tested etc, the car gave 200bhp and a lot of torque with a 1752 hybrid (i think), de-cat, custom zausht, had a k&n then and thats it. Im not saying the standard ic cant handle the power, just wanna upgrade just to b on the safe side and cuz the mapper advised so, the ic and bmc cda (which ive now put on the car) will fit it all then get it re tweaked

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    How is upgrading the IC going to be on the safe side, if it flows enough air through, then thats irrevelant no?

I have a hybrid running 235ish on stock IC & CDA & that runs perfectly fine, no heat issues, whose the mapper?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6+1 Gears

Status
    Stock intercooler is fine for at least 240 - 250hp. Leon Cupra 1P has 240hp and the intercooler is the same as the one on diesel (BKD at least).
    DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

:)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaseen1991 View Post
    I think the map is good lol the car was rolling roaded when standard gavev145bhp, ive had a new head, piston rings, seals, all pressure tested etc, the car gave 200bhp and a lot of torque with a 1752 hybrid (i think), de-cat, custom zausht, had a k&n then and thats it. Im not saying the standard ic cant handle the power, just wanna upgrade just to b on the safe side and cuz the mapper advised so, the ic and bmc cda (which ive now put on the car) will fit it all then get it re tweaked
    save your cash mate and take car to a different mapper, ]
    try Turner race developements if your down south ish or Darkside developments if your a bit further up