BKD INTERCOOLER, S3 or THS???

Yaseen1991

Reaction score
Got a hybrid turbo on my car, bmc induction, proper clutch, car made 200bhp and 420 torque, got a ths intercooler ordered for a bit more power across the range

the 1 i got ordered is 2.0 TSFI Intercooler | 2.0 TDI Intercooler | THS Performance, but i just seen this Genuine Audi S3 Intercooler for All Mk5 Platform Vehicles - Darkside Developments :s with the hard pipe kit for £310, still makes it under the £600 for the s3 so i dont know which to get, THS state theres is better than the s3, but they would wouldnt they, and some say s3 cooler is better :s

i have been told that the 1.8 bar im running will be a bit much for the s3 cooler, so im still confused

any advice welcome!

On the rolling road, the intake temps were getting too high thus limiting power

Try a cold air intake and egr delete also decat stainless exhaust system (miltek) if you havnt already, if you do the three things i listed it should improve your car and also bhp and torque,
also what turbo did you buy and also what conpany did you use

I got a bmc cda induction and a full turbo back custom exhaust. I got the turbo from ebay, its a gtb1752, if i remember correctly :s. my car made 200bhp until the clutch slipped, after i tercooler and a few mods im hoping to achieve 220bhp and 450 torque

I've got a Hybrid on mine, from Turbo Technics, GT1749 iirc. I've got a full custom 3" TBE on my car, I'm going to do the EGR delete, DSG software tweak, also going for a S3 intercooler on mine, I am hopefully getting this done within the next month, I will do a writeup when I'm done, I'm aiming for around 220bhp & 340-360ft-lb.

400 torque sounds a bit high & also running only 200bhp, a hybrid stage 1 is good for upto 240, stage 2 upto 260, I cant see why you need an upgrade tbh, stock IC is good enough, you sure the map is good.

I think the map is good lol the car was rolling roaded when standard gavev145bhp, ive had a new head, piston rings, seals, all pressure tested etc, the car gave 200bhp and a lot of torque with a 1752 hybrid (i think), de-cat, custom zausht, had a k&n then and thats it. Im not saying the standard ic cant handle the power, just wanna upgrade just to b on the safe side and cuz the mapper advised so, the ic and bmc cda (which ive now put on the car) will fit it all then get it re tweaked

How is upgrading the IC going to be on the safe side, if it flows enough air through, then thats irrevelant no?

I have a hybrid running 235ish on stock IC & CDA & that runs perfectly fine, no heat issues, whose the mapper?

Stock intercooler is fine for at least 240 - 250hp. Leon Cupra 1P has 240hp and the intercooler is the same as the one on diesel (BKD at least).

I think the map is good lol the car was rolling roaded when standard gavev145bhp, ive had a new head, piston rings, seals, all pressure tested etc, the car gave 200bhp and a lot of torque with a 1752 hybrid (i think), de-cat, custom zausht, had a k&n then and thats it. Im not saying the standard ic cant handle the power, just wanna upgrade just to b on the safe side and cuz the mapper advised so, the ic and bmc cda (which ive now put on the car) will fit it all then get it re tweaked
save your cash mate and take car to a different mapper, ]
try Turner race developements if your down south ish or Darkside developments if your a bit further up :)