Does the rain water drain.............

funkycat

Reaction score
............from the plastic panel at the bottom of the windscreen on your A3. I noticed this morning that the rain water which has run off the windscreen over night is just sitting in the plastic cover/moulding, I am sure I have never noticed this before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yes, my driveway is level!

Had a new windscereen fitted by Autoglass a month ago, not much rain since, so perhaps it was them autoglass boys! I'ave already had them out twice to refit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Funkycat

I haven't noticed that,but I have noticed that when the car has been left standing in heavy rain,opening the doors (back or front) deposits large amounts of water over the seats.
Unbelievable.

Same thing if you open the window - loads of water comes into the car, all over the switches in the door. It's pretty bad that you cannot have a window open if its raining at all, not even the slightest amount. I'm sure there are going to be lots of A3's with dodgy central locking and electric windows in a few years.....

It does seem to be a major design flaw to be honest - almost like they forgot to test it in a raining environment!!

I used to notice this on mine when cleaning it... bad design IMO.

yeah, you get this if you ash your car... there is a drainage hole on the driver's side, but it flows into the passanger side and sits there... nothing to worry about, it's just plastic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, you get this if you ash your car...

[/ QUOTE ]

you smoking around your car again Slim?!

All the A3s I've owned (4x8L 1x8P) have always had the problem with water being deposited on the seats when you open the doors. I did hope that they might cure the problem when they brought out the new A3 - but No.

One thing they did cure - on the 4 8Ls the water from the front screen always used to run off round the corner and onto the side windows and you had difficulty seeing anything in the door mirrors, but on the new A3 they seem to have added a rubber channel at the sides of the front screen which help to prevent this happening.

Perhaps on the next A3 they will cure the water on seats problem. I'm sure it must rain in Germany as well !

oops, missed the "w" LOL!

It's Friday, and I'm tryng to track down someone who's trying to hack one of our site (Harrods mini-site) atm, so distracted...

I hate digital vandalism. stupid little anker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm tryng to track down someone who's trying to hack one of our site

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME HA HA HA! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

And theres us thinking you disliked your A3 so much that you'd set fire to it !

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty bad that you cannot have a window open if its raining at all, not even the slightest amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would you want the window open when it's raining???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty bad that you cannot have a window open if its raining at all, not even the slightest amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would you want the window open when it's raining???

[/ QUOTE ] Powershower! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Perhaps we should all fit plastic gutters and downpipes, like those on buildings. Could start a new trend...

Could always be sprayed to blend in with the cars colour.

Perhaps we should into business to sell it. I think all A3 owners hate the fact then when you open the door when it's wet you always seem to end up with water on the seat.

Probably doesn't bother you Englanders much,but snow all over your seat is worse...
It tends to shatter and bounce all over the place.
Invariably melts before you can pick up all the bits as well.