New clutch. How long to run in??

DJ-S3

Reaction score
As the title says...

I will be soon replacing my stock clutch with a Loba/Sachs Organic smf kit. What would everyone say the amount of miles I have to give it with steady driving before I can give her the beans? Then get the stage 2+ on her when she's been properly run in.

Audi S3 56plate with Revo stage 1, ITG Maxogen, full milltek system, hpfp and a Airtec intercooler.

When my clutch slipped (high revs 4th gear) I reverted it back to stock map with the sps switch whilst I ordered a clutch. Now I've ordered it Ive put it back to the 97ron stage 1 map and it doesn't slip any more... What's everyone's opinion? When it slipped it was very cold (which is the only reason I can think of) like 0 degrees in the middle of the day. Plus I'd just got the down pipe fitted.

Looking forward to everyone's opinions on the matters.

Dom

I would also like to know this iv just had the loba/Sachs flywheel and clutch kit fitted, I always thought it was about 1000 miles to run it in, but I might be way out on that

Replied over on VAGOC,but at least 500 miles of gentle driving,and no drag starts.

Cheers Alex. Do you think I should just get the stage 2+ on the stock clutch and when it starts to slip a lot get the new clutch fitted? Or should I just jump the gun and get it put in when it arrives?

Cheers Alex. Do you think I should just get the stage 2+ on the stock clutch and when it starts to slip a lot get the new clutch fitted? Or should I just jump the gun and get it put in when it arrives?
I would think the stock clutch will just give up on Stg2+,but you can obviously try it and see.....just budget a new clutch into the costs in any case.

I would think the stock clutch will just give up on Stg2+,but you can obviously try it and see.....just budget a new clutch into the costs in any case.

Already got the new clutch. Well don't actually have it but have ordered it and paid for it. Should be here by Wednesday. Big thanks to Graeme at gnjmotorsports for the deal. So don't need to worry about the clutch front. Just wondering whether I should get it fitted, then remap. Or remap wait until worse slip and then fit it?

Already got the new clutch. Well don't actually have it but have ordered it and paid for it. Should be here by Wednesday. Big thanks to Graeme at gnjmotorsports for the deal. So don't need to worry about the clutch front. Just wondering whether I should get it fitted, then remap. Or remap wait until worse slip and then fit it?
I'd fit it first,run it in,and then do the remap.

Just wondering whether plugging my SPS Switch in and putting it on valet mode for the running in period is a good idea or not? As it'll only rev to 3000rpm. What do you think?

Just wondering whether plugging my SPS Switch in and putting it on valet mode for the running in period is a good idea or not? As it'll only rev to 3000rpm. What do you think?

I wouldn't bother with the valet mode...just run it on stock power if you're worried.