58 reg 1.8TFSI Is 60,000 miles a problem?

jamesw77

Reaction score
Going to have a look at said car- to be honest I wanted around 40k miles but it seems a good deal. Never owned a car with 60000 on it, is that likely to cause any issues? I bought my current Fiesta ST with 26k on it and now have 47k and it's never given me any trouble at all, and that's how I like my cars. I'm thinking about things like turbo lifespan etc. Thanks!

60k aint a problem if the price is right
make sure its had its services done and its just about ready for the belts
so would be a bonus if they have been changed already.

Wouldn't worry about it, I'd rather buy a car thats been used for long motorway runs than one that's just done shopping trips.

I'm over 90k on my 2.0T and it's been perfect.

Wouldn't worry about it, I'd rather buy a car thats been used for long motorway runs than one that's just done shopping trips.

I'm over 90k on my 2.0T and it's been perfect.
Good point- to be fair I'll only be doing a max of 5000 miles over the next year or so anyway so I'll not be adding much more to it.

i sold my last car with 54k miles on the clock. it to was a 58 1.8tfsi s line SB, when i gave it up, it still drove like the day i bought it, with 10k miles on it. sure you'll have no problems, as long as been services etc.

60k aint a problem if the price is right
make sure its had its services done and its just about ready for the belts
so would be a bonus if they have been changed already.
'Belts' as in more than one??

i sold my last car with 54k miles on the clock. it to was a 58 1.8tfsi s line SB, when i gave it up, it still drove like the day i bought it, with 10k miles on it. sure you'll have no problems, as long as been services etc.
Cheers, I believe it has an FSH and it's a one owner vehicle

My last 2.6 litre Audi was bought with 85k miles. sold it with 125k miles. It's still drove sweet.
Only issues were vac pipe, chaffed through and a seized rear caliper. Dead easy and cheap to fix.

Had a mate with an Audi S2 with 220000 miles on the clock, same turbo and still pulls like a train!!! Full service history too so as long as the oil has been changed at least every year its nothing to worry about!!

Think my concern over the turbo goes back to the last turbo car I had 15 years ago, a Renault 5 GT Turbo! Guess turbos have come a long way since then!

oh the old 5 turbos
they were insane i blew about 7 units on mine
good old days

All Renault 5's were remembered as being good little cars but the only part was it was an old design of engine, PUSHRODS!! I think and they were forever being stripped and re built!

the 1.8 tfsi has a cam chain so no worries about the cambelt