My A3 S-line BE upgrade thread.

A3-black

Reaction score
Thought id start a little ugrade thread for my car. I bought an A3 S-line BE last year after being away from Audi for a good few years. I loved the car the minute I got into it, for me nobody does attention to detail and quality quite like Audi. I drove the car standard for a few months and like most thought I want to do just a 'few' upgrades.... famous last words!

Id been thinking about upgrading the front, rear, and side skirts to S3 ones for a while but what really made me decide to go ahead was a pic of guibighit car in the S3/A3 stickies section looks spot on and just what I would like to achieve. For the money Ive spent all in I could probably have bought an S3 but for me economy is king....... So on I went ordering a S3 BE front bumper from Ebay and a rear bumper from Nigel.

Today was spent removing the old S-line bumper and fitting the S3 one. For any one thinking of doing this them selves its not that hard and theres loads of information on here to help you out. In the pictures Ive removed the S3 badge and ordered an S-line one to fit which hasnt turned up yet. Ill keep uploading pictures as my rear bumper and side skirts turn up and are fitted as at the minute its looking a little odd from the side.

Cheers as allways opinions are welcome,

Dan

Attachments

• new bumper_2.jpg
    new bumper_2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 161
  • new bumper.jpg
    new bumper.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 162
  • A3 Sline.jpg
    A3 Sline.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 172
  • A3 Sline 3.jpg
    A3 Sline 3.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 170
  • A3 Sline (2).jpg
    A3 Sline (2).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 160
Nearly done....

Got the rear bumper, side skirts and door bottoms back from the body shop and set about fitting them a couple of weeks ago. All in all not a bad job to do, I did given Nigel a quick call and as many members have said before me he's a really helpfull and knowledgeable fella.

Unfortunatly I didnt get any pictures whilst fitting the parts as time was running away, but here's the finished product:

S3 badge was removed and replaced with an Sline.A3 3

As the rear bumper already had holes for parking sensors I fitted after market Cobra senors. They look the part but in terms of functionality they're not perfect. I also had the lower valance sprayed in gloss as I thought it might look better, very happy with the result. Just need to source a towing eye cover now.
A3 2

A3 4A3 1

I think next on the to do list is wheel spacers and I'd quite like to lower it a little bit.

As always opinions are welcome.
Thanks for looking.

Thanks Nate, Got alot of inspiration from your build thread. To be honest I don't mind the Dumbos plus there auto dimming so I can't imagine there cheap to replace.

Thanks Nate, Got alot of inspiration from your build thread. To be honest I don't mind the Dumbos plus there auto dimming so I can't imagine there cheap to replace.

I have 1 side of the MY11s, auto dimming, and can source the other, by the time you'll upgrade and sell on, you should be level pegging financially.