Massive Favour - Alloy wheels

thebluefox

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

A massive favour to ask of someone I know, but if you don't ask, you never know, etc.

Basically, I'm going to need to leave my S3 at UCC for a week or so to get them refurbed and due to work I can't be without my car. So I'm trying to find some suitable wheels to borrow for a week or so? Happy to negotiate some beer token or something for the trouble, with tyres ideally but if not I can get them changed over.

I know its a long shot before anyone says ;)

Thanks all!

a week to refurb wheels?! I had all mine done by a mobile professional in half a day for £140, there was large chunks out of it too which the previous owner had done and when I got them back, couldnt tell!! Im in Milton Keynes, this guy doesnt really move his van so I went to him but I did it in 1 saturday. I have the 2005 A3 sportback sport with these alloys

http://www.tyresmoke.net/attachments/703786-Wheel.jpg

as they basic and had them the same colour (although he can change, or 2 tone etc etc) it wasnt expensive and are returned to how they look in the pic, was very happy

Surely the place doing your wheel will have a set as I see this as a common problem when all cars use their services?

a week to refurb wheels?! I had all mine done by a mobile professional in half a day for £140, there was large chunks out of it too which the previous owner had done and when I got them back, couldnt tell!! Im in Milton Keynes, this guy doesnt really move his van so I went to him but I did it in 1 saturday. I have the 2005 A3 sportback sport with these alloys

http://www.tyresmoke.net/attachments/703786-Wheel.jpg

as they basic and had them the same colour (although he can change, or 2 tone etc etc) it wasnt expensive and are returned to how they look in the pic, was very happy

They're not going to take a week to do. Due to work commitments I can only drop off/collect at the weekends.

Surely the place doing your wheel will have a set as I see this as a common problem when all cars use their services?

Mmm, I guess so but to stock alloys for every possible fitment/size is probably asking a little too much.

Do A4 wheels fit the A3.

If so, I have a set of 17's in Birmingham.

If not, it was the thought that counted!!!

Dan

Cheers for the thought Danny! Not sure 17's will fit over the S3 brakes though? :(

Ah, fair enough mate.

Hope you find some wheels.

17's will fit over I've got a set on ATM but the offset might be a problem with the a4 wheels I think the a3's are 56 but I'm sure a4's are that much lower, it's stamped on the back of one of the spokes

I think that will be alright then, I'm sure someone will confirm soon enough but I cant see there being a problem

What date would this be? I have a spare set of 18" ronals which 2 have tyres on that you could borrow.. I can throw tyres on the other 2 but would cost me about 60ish i think...