Rear Bumper Options

Rom

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Firstly, sorry for the new thread, I know this has all been covered 6 million times, but search doesnt like my phone...

I know the basics, has to be same type, 3 door etc. And any 8P year can fit.

Want to check before I bid.. Seems to be 3 main styles, pre facelift, with the moulding line near the top.
Then I think face lift, with the solid lower diffuser, it's a 1 piece diffuser, but removable, like an insert at the lower bumper.
Then the later stuff, with the grille type diffusers, which come apart. Slatted / mesh type style.

Or is the grille type only the Sline? And all other have the insert type smooth diffuser?

A lot of the grill type ones are missing, I assume they aren't cheap to buy new?

Don't want to buy the wrong thing!

more types than what you listed
Il try to list all the original a3 bumpers

prefacelift sport: is a 2 peice bumper with rub strips and matching colour lower

i2Q2a.jpg

prefacelift sline: 2 piece bumper with no rub strip plus a dark (almost black) diffuser

AudiA3_043.jpg

Prefacelift S3 bumper: 3 piece bumper with no rub strips and a nice diffuser

CIMG2324.JPG

facelift bumpers are more complex but il try and list them:

facelift Sport (i think) bumper: 1 piece bumper with the grey diffuser and mesh unlike the 2 piece lower half that you get on the prefacelift bumpers

a2d55s.jpg

facelift s-line bumper: one piece bumper with a grey valance

standardval.jpg

Facelift S3 bumper: like the prefacelift S3 but the lip of the diffuser goes to the edges more and looks better

2008+Audi+S3+rear.jpg

RS3 bumper: has a different diffuser

Audi_RS3_Heckdiffusor.jpg

the Prefacelift Sline upper half can be used with the S3 or RS3 lower diffusers but some work may have to be done to get them to fit properly as the RS3 is only available as a sportback

i would like to change the diffuser on my sport cabriolet a3 58 reg from solid black to the s line mesh type is there a bumper thats specific to the convertible or will any s line diffuser fit thanks

Thanks Ash ;)

One im close to getting is a facelift Sline then.

Ive seen lots of the ones you say may be facelift sports, listed as Slines, some with single exhaust. Almost all have the diffuser missing, which im gonna guess Audi want bucks for. Which makes buying a bumper with it missing costly, as they rarely surface used.

Yh the mesh bit in those bumpers that are missing are expensive. Can't recall how much exactly but I remember some other guys commenting on it on another thread

adey1... Not entirely sure on the cab lower part. The cabs always throw me off

Well i bought a facelift Sline one. I do quite like the mesh ones, but as i said, can never find them complete, unless you want to pay £250!
Plus id have to find a dual pipe one, which limits me even more. Just wanted to update the rear a bit, and get rid of the rub strip really.

Will keep me busy, ill have to plastic weld then fill the PDC holes. Then paint it. Been looking for a while, its all ****** Sportbacks and Cabs on the bay. So thought i better get this while i could.

Cheers again.