acc pedel help

hades-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
right daughter rang me acc pedel stuck to the floor
i went up it was stuck down pulled it and it came off
anyway how does it go back on am i missing a part ?
drove it back but had to push the pedel with the heel and top wasnt fixed to anything do thay have springs or anything
02CCB8E2-7730-4013-98ED-89051DC0636F-558-000000651D8C251F_zps0a393e34.jpg

Ok, assuming the pedal isn't broken, this should be really easy to do, but very tricky to explain, so I'll try it with pictures lol.

First, have a look at the areas I've highlighted in green and in red on your original pic starting with red:

PedalGrab_zps1fb79563.jpg

The bit I've highlighted in red is a T shaped trench. The base part of the pedal has a T shaped bottom to it and it's that that fits snuggly inside the T shaped trench. It's very snug, so the only way you can re-seat the pedal would be to slide it in from the side. Have a look at my picture below and I've drawn it to explain also circled in red. If the pedal bit that has broken off does not have this T shaped bit at the bottom, then the pedal is stuffed.

The bits I've highlighted in green simply pushes together. The base part of the pedal fixed to the car has a solid cylinder shaped piece of plastic which you can just see on your pic circled in green on the right. The part of the pedal that has come off should have a cylinder shaped clip that will snap down over it and holding it place which will be where I've circled in green on the left.

Imagine that it's like a little lego dudes hand and you are snapping something into it. Again, if this is broken, the pedal is ******.

3b65790f-beb9-4464-b82a-c4db193bb1db_zps7aee8c64.jpg

I've probably explained this pretty crap, but if you look at the pedal it should become clear.

Failing that, I have a replacement for sale very cheap in the classifieds if you need a replacement.

Advert is here: Audi A3 Pedals

I hope this helps :)

yeah i can get the part in green to go togeather just didnt know about the red part
ill try in the morning
so theres no spring or any other parts ?

Sorry I forgot to mention that. No there is no spring. At least nothing visible from the outside anyway. The cylindrical part in green is what provides the resistance. If you snap that together there should be resistance when you push the pedal down and it should spring it back up on it's own. The T shaped connector in red provides the pivot point at the base of the pedal which is why it needs to be held down.

At least you know a spring hasn't pinged off somewhere inside the car.

Edit: Also, if you do need to slide the red part in from the side, the base part of the pedal does split into two, but you'll need to remove it from the car first. Once you have it out of the car, there are clips on the underside.

Holy poo, how did that get like that, I know the design as does Tempy & I'm finding it hard to understand how it got to that state tbh.

it got in that state cos when i got to it the pedel was floppy so i pulled it of
thanks to tempy
for pointing out how it fitted at the bottom thets where it was broke
i got a pedel from a pal that didnt work and just changed the top part so all working again now.

Aha I was going to say, its hard to see how someone could do that damage, but now I understand lol.