S3 rear bumper

kent_andy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

where is the best place to get an S3 rear bumper from? Its for a 3dr and they seem to be very scarce...... i would even settle for a 2007 style s-line rear bumper but cant find any of them about either....

Are you after a s3 bumper from a 58 plate to 12 plate (8p3) ?

ideally yes, but im getting so desperate i would take an 06 one

Ill have a 2009 S-line rear bumper up for sale in a few weeks if that's any good to you?

It would appear that the A3 bumpers are the same as the S3. The only difference is the valence/diffuser. Just in case you thought it was specific to the S3.

Just had a quick look myself and nothing on eBay, just sportback ones as you probably already know!

ahh so any sline bumper is the same to the s3, its just the diffuser that is different, im with you now. what a fountain of knowledge this place is :)

ahh so any sline bumper is the same to the s3, its just the diffuser that is different, im with you now. what a fountain of knowledge this place is :)

i think so mate, so A3-black's bumper might be the job. Can someone else confirm this please?

Done a bit more looking on google on this and I think I'm not 100% right. I think they are the same as far as the section the diffuser fits into but the part that the diffuser fits into doesn't look the same. Google S3 rear bumper and A3 sline rear bumper and compare for yourself.

i have a friend who will be selling his S3 rear bumper from his pre-facelift 3 door S3 as he is just about to upgrade to the facelift version. can have a word for you if you want it?

Done a bit more looking on google on this and I think I'm not 100% right. I think they are the same as far as the section the diffuser fits into but the part that the diffuser fits into doesn't look the same. Google S3 rear bumper and A3 sline rear bumper and compare for yourself.

Just to confirm now that i'm on a PC

S3 - Notice the way the section that the diffuser fits into is wider at the bottom
CIMG2324.JPG

And here's the A3

BT59XZS12.jpg

That sline you just posted Chris is the facelift one piece bumper with the mesh valance, the s3 is a 2 piece bumper with the grey diffuser so totally different.

kent-Andy has a 2005 a3 according to his sig which would be a 2 piece bumper so he could always just replace the lower diffuser and the bit you pointed out that sticks out

What's this one then mate? I'm confooosed:think:
mg48431.jpg

Ok, so even the latest s3's have the 2 part rear bumper?

If You want I can organize for you new bumper, I bought and fitted one last week. New with PDC but painted for silver. This guy have fev more.

That's my one

Hi guys,

where is the best place to get an S3 rear bumper from? Its for a 3dr and they seem to be very scarce...... i would even settle for a 2007 style s-line rear bumper but cant find any of them about either....

8P4 807 434 G 1RR - grey valance - £154.24
8P4 807 521 K GRU - primed lower bumper part (needs paint) - £76.86
8P4 807 303 D GRU - i am told this is the rear bumper without sensor holes - £212.62

courtesy of ASH187 he recently helped me get the part numbers - these prices are from the dealership though

thansks for all your help guys. i now have loads of options to source one from.

Told the misses i wouldnt mod this and it would remain standard...................