Haldex service and rear diff?

J17_KNO

Reaction score
Good afternoon folks,

My 57 plate Quattro is sitting at 36k miles, and according to the service book has not had a haldex service. I have looked up doing it and it does look really easy to do, however I phoned up Aberdeen audi and they want £70 to change the oil and filter (although have to make sure this does include the filter). In terms of service interval I believe it is 40k miles between haldex oil and filter changes. Is this correct? If this is the case I think I will just get audi to do it. If it is more regular than this I might do it myself.

Also, does the rear diff require an oil change as well? If yes what is the service interval and type of oil that is required?

Thanks

Justin

Thanks for the reply boydie, I'm guessing you mean the haldex ye? What about the rear diff?

Haldex needs doing at around 38K. Diff does not.

Local indy here charges about £45incl VAT for haldex+filter change.

Thanks for that, the haldex will be done on payday! I did read that Audi do not give service intervals for the gearbox or rear diff.

Would any of you recommend doing them anyway to ensure it's all tip top? If so, how much oil do they actually need? Is it a case of fill to the top for both or are there levels?

For 70 notes at Audi, assuming they are competent I'd get it done there, although you car is 6 years old so I guess the Indy route is equally vaid :)

£70 for audi to do is more than fair tbh.

Ye I was very surprised I expected to need a loan just ffor the haldex service! Ha ha I do plan to
over service it just to be on the safe side