Prop Vibration at 2krpm

bmh.01

Reaction score
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...uattro-load-vibrating-2-thousands-revs-3.html

I appear to be suffering this problem in my 2008 (late 2007 build) S3. Has the same symptoms as this and waggling the coupling there doesn't seem to be much movement in it at all.

Issue being that the part listed in the thread above appear to only be for pre 05.2007 cars with the older style centre bearing which mine (I assume) won't have due to being late 07 manufacture.

Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone know if 1K0521307A will fit my car?

On an 08 car for example, it shows the whole shaft as one unit now for £1200+ they must have seen a weakness in having it broken down to segments, this is just a quick look btw.

Yeah i've got etka/elsa myself so i've seen how its changed between the two models, need to get under it to check which mine has but i'd imagine it'll be the one piece prop. The rear damper looks the same from pictures though so I just wanted to check, going to take it off see if I can free it off first and see if I can see any part numbers on it etc but from the thread i've linked the pictures look the same part fitted to both props.

It does still move a little just not as much as the 5mm that's been stated, only really does it in 4th and above but you can hear it trying in 3rd. Goes away if I give the handbrake a click to open the haldex and take the load off, only does it on overrun can't hear it under acceleration.