Delivery on Friday!!

mark88

Reaction score
Getting my S-line Quattro TDI w/votex delivered on Friday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Having actually never bought a new car before what should I be looking out for when it's delivered?

Some thing to look forward to then Mark, the body kit dragging along Sainsburys car park... I'm sure it will be fine, get some Piccys up when you get it!

Congrats - dare I ask when the order date was?

I'm working on an 8-10 week notion for mine so end of October/begining of November. Knowing when yours was ordered would be interesting.

Nice one, look forward to seeing her on-line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First week in July. I could have picked it up 3 weeks ago if I wasn't having the body kit fitted.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First week in July. I could have picked it up 3 weeks ago if I wasn't having the body kit fitted.

[/ QUOTE ]

er.....it only takes 2 days to fit the body kit.....maybe that's why mine fell off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info - so about 8 or 9 weeks.

[ QUOTE ]
Getting my S-line Quattro TDI w/votex delivered on Friday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Having actually never bought a new car before what should I be looking out for when it's delivered?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one!! Betcha well excited!!!

as to what to watch out for - make sure everything you specced is there and check the whole exterior for and marks, mate just picked up his new 5 series and didnt check the paint too well, now noticed the rear passenger door is a slightly different shade of grey - stealer is all appologetic and wants to respray, he's trying to reject, horrible mess!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

er.....it only takes 2 days to fit the body kit.....maybe that's why mine fell off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe so but they had to order the kit in, which took over a week. and it also took a week for them to fit it.

[ QUOTE ]
Make sure the kit stays glued on. Mine fell off.

In particular the side skirts came away at all four corners.....twice.

Keep an eye on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll look out for that, thanks. Once you've had the kit on, what happens if you want to take it off sometime? Does it leave a horrible mess?

Car has arrived! Will post some pics in a couple hours. It looks sweet! all apart from the exhaust.

[ QUOTE ]
Car has arrived! Will post some pics in a couple hours. It looks sweet! all apart from the exhaust.

Quick question, is there any way to get a digital speedometer? I can't seem to find it in the manual and am so used to looking at a digital clock rather than the dial.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't do it on Dual Climate though, only on the earlier single climate A3's (old shape)... or so i was told!

Here's some pics. May sound obvious but the car seems to look a whole lot better in person

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

I'm really pleased with the car. There's alot more umpffhh in there then I thought they'd be. Couple of things, there seems to be a huge amount of travel in the clutch so initially I'm finding myself riding it a bit. It's like my leg is fully extended when the clutch is down, when it's up my knee is under my chin.

Secondly, I'm wishing I hadn't have added the centre armrest on, it just seems to get in the way half the time? maybe I'll get used to it.

Another tiny little niggle is the sterring wheel. It could with being a whole lot thicker. Oh, and also it's only showing around 35mpg?. I was expecting more initially, I have no idea what fuel they put in either.

I'm definitely pleased I added the votex kit though, it looks great IMO! especially with the SFG. Just gotta sort that exhuast out.

[ QUOTE ]
If you've got climate control you can do it, but it appears in your climate control, not on the dash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you do that on yours then?

nice motor man, enjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

when in Reverse, am I right in thinking that both reverse lights should be on? not just the left?

Ooh a manual,nice !

Couple of things...
I don't get much more than 35mpg myself.I managed to eek out 47mpg last week,but I had to drive like I was carrying eggs to get it.Normal driving gets me around 40mpg,which is disappoiting as it's far less than my A4 tdi.

Couple of other things..

Firstly,I'm glad my S-line doesn't have the red stitching on the wheel.
IMO,that's 'orrible.

Your glovebox appears to have some sort of embossed logo on the left hand side silver trim.Mine doesn't.

Your headlining appears to be grey as well (could be the photo).
I thought all S-line's got the black headlining,like mine ?

Dunno about the Votex kit myself.Some might think it's subtle,but I just keep thinking it's subtle to the point of being inconspicuous altogether.

[ QUOTE ]

Couple of other things..

Your glovebox appears to have some sort of embossed logo on the left hand side silver trim.Mine doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 'quattro'

[ QUOTE ]

Your headlining appears to be grey as well (could be the photo).
I thought all S-line's got the black headlining,like mine ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, it's the flash on the camera. The headlining is black.

My 2005 model year 3-door has twin reversing lights but only one rear-fog light.

Congratulations it's beautiful!

Wish I'd ordered black now
doh.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Delivery day is like your wedding day.

Take plenty of photos,because she'll never ever look as good again !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Delivery day is like your wedding day.

Take plenty of photos,because she'll never ever look as good again !

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get much more than 35mpg myself.I managed to eek out 47mpg last week,but I had to drive like I was carrying eggs to get it.Normal driving gets me around 40mpg,which is disappoiting as it's far less than my A4 tdi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then learn to drive it properly. You can eek 60+ out of it. If I do 80mph on a motorway run I get 50+ out of it.

If I rag the living £uck out of it then I'll get 40 ish.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then learn to drive it properly. You can eek 60+ out of it. If I do 80mph on a motorway run I get 50+ out of it.

If I rag the living £uck out of it then I'll get 40 ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have any motorways up here.
We barely have dual carriageway.
With all due respect,you wouldn't get anything like your usual MPG on the roads we have up here.
We simply never get the chance to let the engine 'cruise'.

Nice looks really good, I could not stretch to the full kit, but in time I may add it as I think it adds to the car. I did not go for the armrest as on the two test drives that I had it annoyed the freaking life out of me.

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations it's beautiful!

Wish I'd ordered black now
doh.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks truly gorgeous,

I was tempted by one of the two black colours or Mauritius Blue too but knowing that I'm going to 95,000 miles over the next 3 yeats figured that a silver colour wouldn't show the inevitable stone chips that lots of motorway miles seem to accrue.

I know what Bowler means about the red stitching on the wheel - its not like you get a choice either on an S-Line - hardly the understated and tasteful Audi we know.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on ride quality with the 2006MY S-Line suspension - too firm or about right?

[ QUOTE ]
You bought it from Gilders, bet they did not move on price?

[/ QUOTE ]

6%